Search results

1. R

Kentlyn Goodies

Gotta love Kentlyn That's the first time I've seen you ride as I'm normally a number of lengths behind, its good to see finally, good job.
  2. R

Help us with Menai MTB Park

Am keen to join G'day am keen to join and help out. I'm not on facebook so you can email me ozirolla@hotmail.com
  3. R

Post your 29er!

It replaced a 2011 giant reign. Since I built up a 29er steel SS the small wheels don't work for me anymore. Will see menai / kentlyn a fair bit plus everywhere else. I ride general trail nothing too heavy.
  4. R

Post your 29er!

Mach 429 Trail New weapon has arrived. Only 1 ride in goes good I need to work on my cornering to catch up with the bike. Came in at 11.5 kg with pedals with a few cockpit changes to come.
  5. R

copperhead buller ? verdict?

I still can't beleive people still run tubes but thats probably for another thread. I run UST mountain kings on my reign which is the Buller weapon of choice, grips awesome perfect for buller. Anyone on lightweight cross country tyres are gunna strike problems in most places except hardpack...
  6. R

copperhead buller ? verdict?

Agree CH surface is loose but its for track longevity + it still rides pretty good. Imagine if stonefly had chairlift access it would be shot to bits as it stands i was surprised how good a condition its still in after riding it 1 year apart its still awesome. Slant 6 rear tyre on mach 5.7...
  7. R

Handle bars. Flat vs Riser

Salsa pro mot flat bars have 5, 11 or 17 degrees of sweep so you can get that riser bar feel without the height out of a flat bar. 17 degrees gives me the right position for my wrists and fells spot on. Have been running them on 3 bikes for 3-4 years.
  8. R

Single speed recommendations?

I have an on-one inbred 26er and goes good, steel is more compliant than i thought it would be. Steel frame is 2.5kg can run geared or SS and is cheap as around $400 - Bargin. Biggest recommendation whatever frame u get is spend some cash and get a light set of wheels.
  9. R

TWE Wheels... Anyone got pros and cons?

Give them a go I have a set at 1575 grams on my singlespeed and are fast, stiff and light.
  10. R

Reign 1 or 2 vs Reign X1 vs Alternate

I have 2011 reign 1 with widget and crossmax st wheels 2.4 UST tyres 12.5kg with pedals. An awesome bike to ride anywhere, its actually faster than my anthem around a number of places i ride which surprised the hell out of me. My advice get the reign 1 and get it at light as u can without...
  11. R

ANSTO closes Menai/Lucas Heights trails to the public

Just for the record no 'metro riders' have ridden menai since the closure including the saturday they met ???? asking not to ride and if things are progressing will stay that way. You guys r doing a great job, thanks. Wot R ANSTO doing about the motos who r doing 90% of the damage ? I...
  12. R

The Exceptional Parts Thread

Lifetime purchaces 1st to the list is Thompson Masterpiece seatpost - 30.9 400mm 190g(say it out loud) WOW. It just sits there does its job looks good AND its lighter than most carbon posts. DT 240 rear hub its a fair investment but again WOW. Done about 25k km on this hub with a few...
  13. R

Has anybody dealt with the online bike store Go1Bike.fr ?

Drunken purchase I have used them a couple of months ago although i only found out the next morning(be very careful cruising MTB shops drunk) and yes i wondered if my goodies would turn up and they did in less than 1 1/2 weeks. The prices were good and as CRC and wiggle didn't have the new...
  14. R

Crossmax ST 9/15 conversion

Have a set of '11 crossmax st wheels that came set up for QR but I need to swap to 15mm. They didn't come with any adaptors and couldn't find any text on the mavic www to sort it. Anyone shed some light here on how its done ?
  15. R

What's your favourite online bike shop and why?

I get good service from LBS and WEB I prob spend 25% web 75% LBS. Guys at my Lbs know me they know what they're doing and I get good service. I am partial to a shiny bike part and sometimes the price difference is so BIG you can't ingnore it. BUT I have found more than a few items cheaper at...
  16. R

Giant Anthem

Great 'trail' bike I've had anthem for nearly 2 years and are great bike. It does everything very well and is my do it all bike. Agree with an earlier comment spend extra $$ on the next model up I still can't beleive what spec giant give you for the price. OR light wheels(<1800g) will make a...
  17. R

On One Inbred Slot DO - I Want One!

steel is the go Go the steel I also purchased from aussie distributor and was all good and would do again no problem. Inbred sitting at 11.3kg with a heavy fork no carbon and ust tyres. If your gunna pour money in somewhere get light wheelset b4 anything else.
  18. R

Rear Brake Squeal

I had the same problem with my anthem the rear brake only, a 'screaming banshee' noise . Tried sintered pads didn't work went to organic and eventually fixed it and has been ok for 10 months or so. Just carry some pads with you if on a long wet ride as they can wear quick.
  19. R

Do I need a new steed?

Ditch the Jekyll I rode a 01jekyll for 6 years great bike even upgraded to Lefty Max 130mm I loved it then got a Prophet frame swapped bits over and the difference was MASSIVE. Prophet did everything better most unexpectly climbed like a mountain goat compared to the Jekyll. Road the Prophet...
  20. R

Giant XTC 1 2009 - Weight?

Not sure about '09 but '10 weighs 11.2 kg incl. pedals which for the price is pretty good. Just factor in any spec changes and it should work out.