Search results

1. G

National Ride to Work Day - FREE breakfast in Wheeler Place!

POSTPONED! Newcastle's Ride2Work Day has been moved to 22nd October Please note that due to the weather that is forecast to affect our region in the next two days, Newcastle City Council has elected to postpone the Ride2Work Day event to the following Wednesday. Wednesday 22nd October is the...
  2. G

Ride2Word Day Newcastle 2014 - Free bacon! Gday everyone. Its that time again - The City of Newcastle Ride2Work Day 2014 breakfast. This year its in the original location, Wheeler Place (next to Civic Theatre) in the CBD. Same details as previous years, still on the Wednesday, 15th...
  3. G

Ride2Word Day Newcastle 2013 - its that time again! Gday everyone. Its that time again - Newcastle Ride2Work Day 2013. This year its back in the original location, Wheeler Place (next to Civic Theatre). Same details as previous years, Wednesday 16th October from 7am - 9am...
  4. G

Ride to Work Day, October 17th 2012 Newcastle FREE community breakfast on again! Hello again everyone... Just a quick note to advise that Newcastle is again hosting a free community breakfast, but this year we are going a bit upmarket! Held outside Agosti Restuarant, opposite the...
  5. G

Newcastle CBD Ride to Work Day is on again. If you can make it down town on your bike on Wednesday morning, 12th October 2011, then roll into Wheeler Place (across the road from Civic Station) at 7:30am to 9:00am and grab a free bacon and egg brekky and some other goodies from local businesses...
  6. G

Adventure Racing tips?

I stuck a metal carabiner on the front of my shoes, then placed a larger one on the handlebars with velcro tape. I then put some rubber camping o-rings into the handlebar carabiner. Then when I changed shoes, I just clipped the shoes to the handlebar carabiner, and pulled the o-ring around the...
  7. G

Hawks Nest --> Sandbar --> Seal Rocks --> Pacific Palms (Forster)

Yes, and No. Ill elaborate though! I intend to post more details of what I did soon too. At Pacific Palms, I only had enough time to take a goat track from Pacific Palms near the Tourist info centre across to Sandbar. But once we completed this, (which was a challenge in which even with a...
  8. G

Will be heading out there in next few days hopefully.... If a medical issue starts to resolve... Will post up what I find. Going to look into cape hawke to burgess beach trails too hopefullstill love to hear from others!
  9. G

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if there is much trail (fire or single track) in these area's? Over Christmas I intend to do some exploring of the area around these spots. Aiming to find a completely off-road route from HN to PP. Would also love to hear of any routes in and around Forster...
  10. G

< Deleted redundant post >
  11. G

Gday all, Wednesday October 12th (Edited for 2011) is National Ride to Work Day and Newcastle City Council in conjunction with the ATO and other local businesses will be providing a FREE community breakfast from 7:30am to 9:00am in Wheeler Place for cyclists who ride to work on this day...
  12. G

Who's the gun 29er wheel builder in Sydney Hunter area??

I had mine built at TwoWheelIndustries. I only had a single rear built as it was damaged beyond repair. I have little experience so wont claim them to be good, but my wheel has been fine. Mavic TN 719 was built for me. They were recommended by some Tri/Road guys.
  13. G

The 29er thread.

Hi Team. I love my 29er. Wouldnt go back to a 26er. Had a Specialized Rockhopper 26er that was stolen, and replaced it with a Rockhopper 29er. Recently raced in Canberra at the AROC Sport Adventure Race and consistently found myself passing riders with ease. Less peddling and rolled right by...
  14. G

29er Rear Wheelset/Rim help

75kgs (generally...:D)
  15. G

STOLEN STP0 - Newcastle

Yeh +1 for a pic. I work in town so I will keep an eye out. Im still keeping an eye out for my stolen Specialized Rockhopper from months ago. Good luck.
  16. G

After a bit of discussion with LBS, suggestion is to go with a Mavic A317. Keep standard Hubs, and lace up with new spokes. My gut feel is that I should go with TN719's instead, again with standard hubs only because there is a 2 week delay on XT's and I cant wait that long for some!
  17. G

I'm not 100% sure of the brand of hub, but the stock hub is reported as: Hubs: Specialized Hi/Lo Disc Specific Rims: Alex Alloy Double Wall. Its has the standard SRAM x5 on it currently, and that is something I intend to change in around 12 months from now when I will have some budget and...
  18. G

Hi all, I have recently been getting more into my riding, with some trips to Awaba as well as regular Glenrock weekends. Ive recently purchased a Specialized Rockhopper 29er and want to replace the rear wheelset (or just the rim). (Due to a minor prang...:p) But, I havent been long...
  19. G

Bike Serial Number Register?

What bothers me is that my bike was recently stolen, and the theif left an older bike when they took mine. I called the shop which sold the bike that was left behind, and they essentially said "we dont keep serial numbers". The shop that sold mine has also been unable to provide me with the...
  20. G

FOUND Black GIANT found Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW

Hi guy_p, sorry for the slow reply - didnt get a notification for some reason. The Giant has shocks and was sold in a town north of Newcastle. (Which is vague, I realise! But for the owner should be useful...)