Search results

1. G

Hawks Nest --> Sandbar --> Seal Rocks --> Pacific Palms (Forster)

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if there is much trail (fire or single track) in these area's? Over Christmas I intend to do some exploring of the area around these spots. Aiming to find a completely off-road route from HN to PP. Would also love to hear of any routes in and around Forster...
  2. G

National Ride to Work Day - FREE breakfast in Wheeler Place!

Gday all, Wednesday October 12th (Edited for 2011) is National Ride to Work Day and Newcastle City Council in conjunction with the ATO and other local businesses will be providing a FREE community breakfast from 7:30am to 9:00am in Wheeler Place for cyclists who ride to work on this day...
  3. G

29er Rear Wheelset/Rim help

Hi all, I have recently been getting more into my riding, with some trips to Awaba as well as regular Glenrock weekends. Ive recently purchased a Specialized Rockhopper 29er and want to replace the rear wheelset (or just the rim). (Due to a minor prang...:p) But, I havent been long...
  4. G

Stolen: Dark Green Specialized Rockhopper w/Shimano Deore XT running gear

Hi guys. Seems there is a bit of this going on at the moment. Make sure you dont leave your rides unattended around Newcastle if you can avoid it. If anyone see's a Specialized Rockhopper with black Rock Shox forks and Shmano Deore XT running gear (which should stand it out from typical...
  5. G

FOUND Black GIANT found Honeysuckle, Newcastle NSW

Hi guys. I found a bike, it was at the location at the same time as where my bike was stolen, in a place someone would be highly unlikely to leave a bike. After 30 minutes an owner had not returned. This bike has been relocated to a secure place for storage. Either the owner will return...
  6. G

[STOLEN] Dark Green Specialized 08 Rockhopper, Newcastle (Unique)

Hi all, Bike: Specialized Rockhopper (frame only) Colour: Dark Green Date it was stolen: 26/03/2009 Where it was stolen: Honeysuckle, Newcastle, NSW Specs:Shimano Deore XT running gear and hydraulic brakes, Rock Shocks Dart 3 forks, Alexrims DP20's Other Discriptions: At time stolen, had a...
  7. G

Handlebar torch mounts

Gday all. i have just grabbed some torches with nice LEDs in them, and wanted to mount them to the handlebars. Does anyone know of any off the shelf products which will enable me to quickly stick the torches on the handlebars. They are about maybe 20-25mm diameter, and 100mm long. (Im...
  8. G

What would you do? Sold wrong bike...

Hi all. I recently purchased an Avanti Barracuda after discussion with shop staff at my LBS. I wanted something that had really good running gear as I intend to ride a min of 20kms a day 5 days a week, plus get off road every weekend. I need to carry work clothes, documents and a laptop...