Search results

1. V

Connex Link Problem

Quick search of forum didn't turn up so hopefully this not old hat. New Connex chain. Break new chain to right length using chain breaking tool. Go to insert wipperman connex link, the link pin goes happily into inner chain link, but for the outer chain link, the chain pin on the connector will...
  2. V

Brakes jammed after a hot day?

Hi all, help appreciated. Found some similar posts here but not quite the same. 1. bike hanging up outside. All wheels in. 2. got some hot sun. 3. Wheels jammed, in. assume it is oil expanding in heat and pushing pads onto rotors. 4. took wheels out as doing clean, etc 5. let all cool...
  3. V

Crank Bros Cobalt XC Wheels on Special, Worth a Look?

Torpedo 7 have these as a weekly special at $800.00. Seems a bloody good deal - http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/CRWHSN0CI/title/crank-brothers-mtb-wheelset So, have only met one person with them, he weighs 63kg so reckon would have trouble breaking anything. Any one with...
  4. V

VicMTB, new management?

Hi all drove past VicMTB and saw big "Under New Management" sign on the window, the website (www.vicmtb.com.au) also says the same. Anyone know if same crew? Changes? Etc. This is where I generally get stuff done that I can't do myself and since I guess I'm regularly there they have gone out...
  5. V

GXP Truvativ question

hi all some help or info appreciated, and I'm mechanically pretty useless (as this probably shows)! I have truvativ Firex cranks, 68mm centre bracket. I've pulled them, cleaned/greased them a few times, but the last time when I went to put the drive side cranks back in they would not slide...
  6. V

Manitou R7 internals - sell?

OK, noob question. I got my Manitou R7 TPC Super Lockout upgraded with SPV snap valve couple of years ago. Cleaning up just found the parts that came out of the TPC, one is the stuff with the lockout lever on top, and the other I assume are the gots from the other side. (Warned you was noob.)...
  7. V

Garmin Edge 305 problem

hi all did a search and found plenty about the Edge 305 but nothing about this problem. Mine is now turning itself off intermittently, and randomly. A search reveals quite a few have had same experience and a web page that explains how to pull the Edge apart to fix it yourself...
  8. V

Servicing Mavic wheels

As a beginner I've struggled to work out/find out how to service my 2006 (I think) crossmax enduros. I searched a while ago with no luck but have now turned up this: http://www.tech.mavic.com/uk/produits/vtt/crossmountain.htm these are tech pdfs for all the mavic wheels (this level of...
  9. V

Officer Enduro this weekend?

Hi this will be my first enduro (aiming to finish, 6 hours on a hardtail is a long way) so hoping for some simple answers to noob questions. I raced a XC at Officer earlier in the year so have some idea of what to expect from the course but... 1. how are placings figured out? I know it is...
  10. V

Mavic Mineral Oil

hi I want to service my Mavic CrossMax Enduros. Apparently I should use Mavic mineral oil on the pawls, etc but after approx. 6 bike shops still no luck. So, in Melbourne, anyone know who actually stocks it? Or, what is a legit alternative? (Did a search and found plenty on fork oils...
  11. V

Newbie You Yangs trail qn?

hi OK, the new junction track, rode down it the other day and did the trails through the plantation. On the return, is the idea to ride back up junction or are you expected to use the road? This might be dumb, but with the berms and what not I am trying to figure out is this assumed to be...
  12. V

Which forum to find race partners?

hi I'm looking for some other riders to form a 3 man team for the upcoming 6 hour enduro at Officer. Which forum should I use? Is it XC/enduro under Riding, or the vic part of the watering hole?
  13. V

Newbie: removing grips?

hi all newbie question. I am replacing grips on the bike, the ones on there are the lock style ones (no idea how to remove but I'll figure that out). My question: should they just slide off with a bit of force or are there tricks to getting old ones off and new ones on? a spray of...
  14. V

Newbie: tyre pressure, wtf?

OK, bear with me. 25 years ago I rode the road where there is only one tyre pressure, as hard as you can pump it (more or less). So as I learn about mtb choosing tyres becomes a World Rally Championship sort of problem! And then there's tyre pressure. Things that I just don't get. A big...
  15. V

Broken Chain?

Ok, beginners question. Chain broke today. During the ride, under load it 'crunched' and sort of 'slipped' a couple of times. Is this a sign that the chain is dodgy (given alignment and wear being OK)? Out on the trail, can I rejoin chain one link short to get home OK? And last one, any...
  16. V

UST tyre advice?

hi all OK newbie qn. XC rider, have UST wheels, been riding CrossMarks but am about to do some first time racing and its getting wetter. Are the CrossMarks mainly for drier riding? I ride Yarra Trails a lot, also Lysterfield but this weekend hope to race out at Healsville where I expect mud...