Search results

1. bear the bear

Crossing Tasmania

Not your usual FKT with Payson McElveen
  2. bear the bear

Beardy McBeard

On Saturday, March 18th 2023 legendary Tasmanian cycling photographer Beardy Mc Beard was hit by a car while out riding his bike near Hobart. He sustained serious injuries which will require surgery, rehab, mental health support and changes to his lifestyle in the short and medium term. Marcus...
  3. bear the bear

Source for short SPD Bolts

Does anyone have a source for short spd bolts? Have pair of new shoes to try and the stock bolts (m4 x 16mm ) are too long. I have cut bolts down before, but can't be faffed this time.
  4. bear the bear

Kermit

#placeeholder
  5. bear the bear

Weekend Ride (22/1)

Burners, Anyone up for a ride this Saturday (22/1) at Stromlo? Beary no-mates :(
  6. bear the bear

What Travel Bike do you ride?

A poll to see what length travel everyone is riding. Take this as being the bike you ride most often.
  7. bear the bear

Sold Specialized Roval Fattie 29" Boost Wheelset

Item Condition: Used for approximately 5 months, in excellent condition Reason for selling: Wife now has the bike they were on and are no longer required. Price and price conditions: $1200 plus postage if required Extra Info: Extras include: 29" carbon wheelset; 30mm internal width; Front...
  8. bear the bear

Sold Specialized Fatboy 24" 2016

Item: Specialized Fatboy 24" 2016 Location: Canberra, ACT Item Condition: Used by small boy for riding to and from school Reason for selling: He's outgrown it. Price and price conditions: $650 plus postage if required Extra Info: Upgrades include: Ritchey Carbon WCS handlebars; Ergon Grips; USE...
  9. bear the bear

Tubeless Rim Tape Advice

All, I need help, I have a pair of carbon wheels that I just cannot easily get tubeless rim tape to stick to, the normal suspects- stans, orange, effeto mariposa just will not stick to the carbon. I've currently got it setup with wide electrical tape... but it's really hurting my OCD. Any tips...
  10. bear the bear

Bike Security/ Home storage

Alright all, So I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I need to properly secure my bikes. We are currently lucky with where we live in a strata, with a number of older residents who are home during the day and the house has an alarm which I'm lucky that my son turns on when he leaves for...
  11. bear the bear

The Tool Thread

K, I admit it I'm a tool whore I love well made tools. I thought I'd start this thread to condense general discussions about bike tools. Mods can make this a sticky if they feel it's worthy.... So to start off, what brand allen keys are everyone using? Personally I've got a set of Park blue...
  12. bear the bear

Good Wheel Builders

Hi Guys, Looking for some recommendations for custom wheel builders here in Australia. Is there anyone who builds for a living and not part of a shop? I've used Wheelworks in NZ in the past, but their prices have gone way up and want to look at something local. Advice appreciated Bear
  13. bear the bear

Merlin built wheels vs ???

Anyone have any feedback on wheel built by Melin Cycles vs say CRC? Alot of what I have seen is CRC are shit at building wheels so no keen to go down that road if possible.... Wish Hope still built with Stans rims :(
  14. bear the bear

Forwarding from UK?

I've used a company in the US for this to get around geo-blocking on other purchases. Any recommendations from the UK and costings? Looking at a set of Mavic wheels...
  15. bear the bear

Trek 2017

So..... I know a couple of other brands have a 2017 thread started so I thought I would start one for Trek. A shop I'm involved with here in Canberra is a Trek Dealer and they had Trek World here as well this week at EPIC and an industry demo day at Stromlo. A couple of the shop guys went to...
  16. bear the bear

Comic Book Universe (Marvel/DC)

So, Haven't really seen anything like this posted recently but, - Anyone want to offer their opinion on Bats v Super-boy (critics are rubbishing it!) -Civil War ( I've holding out for this as the big comic-book film of the year... I haven't seen Deadpool as yet though) Thoughts on the...
  17. bear the bear

Large CO2 Cartridges

Hi Guys, I'm wondering if there are larger CO2 cartridges available than 25gms? I run wide rims with larger volume tires and 25gms isn't getting them up to ridable pressure after puncturing. While I can take 2x on training rides with a pump, in race situations this adds weight and is more of...
  18. bear the bear

Carbon Repair Company Experiences

Hi All, I'm after opinions/ experiences people have had with the various companies who do carbon frame repairs. I have a frame that has a minor crack in the top tube which is repairable. The two companies I have found are paint my bike and carbon bike repair and carbon cycle repair. Thx.
  19. bear the bear

Giant Over Drive 2

For those that may be interested it is possible to change out the headset on 2012 bikes and newer running overdrive 2 and convert back to 1 1/8th" & 1 1/2" cups. The overall head tube has not been enlarged for the new standard, just the upper bearing customised to Giant spec's. Just put a CK...
  20. bear the bear

Bike storage and suspension fluid?

Hi All, Just pulled apart my forks on my giant xtc 29er. Now the forks haven't been behaving correctly for a while and what I found was that the fluid from the Spring-side-side oil bath had moved from the lower leg of the fork into the air chamber efectively making the forks more progressive...