Search results

1. hakka

Funn hub stuck bearing

I have a Funn Fantom hub, one of the bearings in the freehub shit itself today. I got the outer bearing and spacer out, but the inner bearing is stuck in there pretty good, trying to knock it out the bearing came apart leaving the outer race in the hub. Any ideas on how to get this out or is...
  2. hakka

Another stuck thread

I know everyone loves these threads. Trying to remove the outer bolt on a set of raceface cinch cranks, i've beat the shit out of it and it's going nowhere. The hex has started to deform a bit. Right now have it soaking in WD40, I'll give it a few hours and try again. Any other...
  3. hakka

Strap wrench slipping

Trying to undo the collar on a specialized command post, rubber strap wrench wont grip it. I've tried double sided tape between the strap and the collar but still cant get the bastard undone. Any ideas?
  4. hakka

Reverb problem

I just reinstalled a Reverb stealth, it's been off the bike for a few months but was working fine when I removed it. I've bled the hydraulic line a few times, got rid of all the air pockets but the remote button is now rock solid. If I wind out the speed adjuster I can get a bit of travel out if...
  5. hakka

GoPro Karma Gimbal test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0IPrDx98U Got a Karma Grip yesterday, went for a short ride (with a bad hangover) to try it out. It was mounted on the chest mount, there is an extension cable coming out early 2017 so the main part of the grip can go in your backpack, with the whole unit...
  6. hakka

Hope E4 questions

I'm currently running sram guides 180/160. Been having some issues over the last few weeks with the sticky levers on 3 different bikes, I'm over it. I want to keep using my current centerline rotors, can I use the sram 20mm post mount on the E4 caliper or do i need the hope one? The hope...
  7. hakka

Stuck Cassette

I have a wheelset that i removed from my Anthem, never used, been sitting in the shed for a few months. Apparently the incredible hulk has a job doing up cassettes at Giant. I've tried pipe on the spanner, hammer, swearing. Bent my chainwhip and still no luck. How do I get this fucker off?
  8. hakka

Funn hubs

I'm looking at carbon wheel options for my Stumpy 6fattie. I have Zelvys with hope pro2evo and pro4 on my other bikes, but they no longer list the hopes as an option. They currently have Funn, i9 and Onyx. I like something loud so the Onyx is out, I know the i9 is good but its an extra...
  9. hakka

AM Stumpjumper 6fattie

2017 Stumpy carbon expert 6fattie. Just got it today, haven't ridden it yet. edit: updated pic with Zelvy wheelset, Renthal carbon fatbar and Thomson elite stem.
  10. hakka

Fox forks travel issue

I have a 2016 Anthem with a fox 32 performance fork with 100mm travel. It is bottoming out around 15mm from the top of the stanchion, travel from fully extended to bottomed out is just over 90mm. Is this normal behavior for this fork?
  11. hakka

Winter shoes

My toes are starting to freeze on night rides, currently using Shimano M089 shoes. Tossing up between Shimano AM9 $145, Shimano MW7 winter boots $235 or some covers for my current shoes. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-am9-spd-mtb-shoes-2016/rp-prod138003...
  12. hakka

Grease for carbon frame

I'm installing a WheelsMfg threaded bottom bracket into a carbon frame. Instructions that came with the bb says to only use PTFE lube on carbon, bike shop doesn't have any but they don't think its necessary. Whats the go? I have 10 different types of grease but no ptfe ones.
  13. hakka

Shimano drivetrain upgrade worthwhile?

A friend of mine has a Giant Stance, specs listed below. I have just pulled a groupset off a new Anthem 2, specs listed below. He's interested in buying my parts to replace those on the Stance, I know stuff all about shimano and just wanted to check if its a worthwhile upgrade for him.
  14. hakka

XC Anthem 2 2016

Been doing a bit on my Giant Talon hardtail lately, loving the XC geometry in the tight trails but the lack of suspension was killing me so I just bought this one. I have a SRAM GX 1x11 drivetrain, Guide R brakeset, American classic wheelset and a few other bits to go on it. I'll see how the...
  15. hakka

Pike rebound seal head

I have the 2016 pike full service kit, which includes an updated redesigned rebound damper seal head. I also have the NSD seal head. Which one is best? Thanks.
  16. hakka

Reverb stealth service

I'm doing a rebuild on my reverb stealth post. I've purchased the IFP height tool, oil height tool, IFP bleed tool and the reverb bleed kit (pictured). The service manual refers to a fluid level gauge, which is different to the oil height tool, to remove fluid from the inner tube. There is...
  17. hakka

Bent spoke

Just noticed a slight bend/kink in one of my spokes on the front wheel. Tension is in check with the spokes around it (park tension meter). Do I need to replace it?
  18. hakka

Reverb issues?

Just got back from a ride and noticed the top cap (the bit with the writing on it) on my reverb dropper had come off and was sitting up under the saddle. I gave it a clean and screwed it back down, then noticed there's a bit of front to back play in the post, never noticed it before but never...
  19. hakka

Installing cassette on hope hub XD driver

Trying to install an XX1 cassette onto a Hope pro evo 2 hub. As the cassette is screwed down the tool is pushed out, by the time I get to the end there's only about 2mm of engagement between the tool and the cassette splines. The problem is caused by the step on the silver bit that sicks out...
  20. hakka

Anyone got a Prologo saddle?

I bought this Prologo X15 in May this year. The graphics started falling off after a few weeks, but I don't care about that. I noticed last week that the cover material has started coming away from the base of the seat, allowing mud & water to get inside, and just now noticed that the outer...