Search results

1. A

Broke my Rebas

Hi all, long time no post for me, but I just broke my lovely Reba Race forks and desparately need some help! I've had them for about a year now, and they've been flawless with all my stupidity around town until tonight. Went off a ~30cm curb at speed, pulled the front wheel up too high and...
  2. A

Why FF's are a good investment.

http://www.dropbike.com/r/redirect.asp?url=/index/freek/freek-clip.wmv Mmmm...scabbyface. Edit: 650K...
  3. A

OLD pics from Perth Farkin ride in Sept.

Yes, well, finally got around to uploading some pics. These are mostly of me, since I saved all mine when they were up, back then. This is really a teaser for all the other pics and movies me and others will be putting up once Midget works out how to burn CDs properly. :D Anyway, onto the...
  4. A

Broke my Hayes Hydro lever...

Stupidly, while going down an escalator, (don't ask) I locked up my front brake and did an endo. My front lever hit the stair and ripped out of the piston housing. I pushed it back in, and it popped back into place and they work ok, but the lever is further out than it should be and pops out...
  5. A

Shinnies

OK, looking for knee+shin guards, prefer one unit, comfortable fit, plastic armour up front with *all-round protection* for my shins. Been looking at the Dainese pro, but they don't seem to offer all-round protection...also looked at reviews of the Fox 911 and they apparently have fit...
  6. A

Got my gear!!$!@$@#%$

Ahhhh finally got my gear! Can ride my bike again after three bloody months of being a ped! Here's what I got: Mavic 321's (grey) laced to XT disc hubs (black) with DT swiss 14g spokes. Also Hayes 6" rotors and a deore cassette. DMR V8 pedals (black). Also got some Pedros dry lube and...
  7. A

Just got my new helmet...what do you use?

Just went down and got myself a new helmet :) It's a MET Sfero. It's an entry-level road [OMG] helmet, but has the same shell as the MET A-Tomo which is a MTB helmet, the Sfero's come in much better colours (IMO) but with no little visor thing. No worries...the guy at the shop I got it from...
  8. A

New wheelset - what should I go for?

Getting a wheelset from Phantom Cycles. Just wanted to know if I should go fo rthe Mavic X-317's on XT hubs or 321's on the same? ($495 and $539 respectively) Or should I go for one of the Wheelcraft sets? Dice Duke rims, Dice Roulette hubs, DT Champion spokes...$489 As above but with DT...
  9. A

WTB: Complete wheelset.

Looking for a good strong wheelset without breaking the bank. Need at least double-walled rims, 36H, good quality hubs, DISC hubs only. Um, and some rotors to go with them. Yeah, need new pedals too. Some DMR V8's or similar flattys. Post whatever you have :p
  10. A

New Wheelset for my hardtail...

(First post! Nice site :) ) Got a '03 Raceline Comp that needs a new wheelset and pedals. I mostly do Urban Assault with some rough XC on weekends...looking at: Pair Mavic F519 - $195 DT black 14g spokes - ~$? Shimano Deore Cassette 9spd - $91 Shimano LX Disc Hub set - ~$118 Pair Hayes...