Search results

1. The Stig 22

shimano m485

hey everyone im after a bit of advice on my brakes. iam runnings the stock shimano m485's on my 2008 giant stp and have been having problems where by the rear one doesnt work at all or only slightly and whenever it gets wet or dusty it makes one hell of a noise. i have been doing some research...
  2. The Stig 22

Do I need new tires?

Hey everyone I'm just wondering do I need to put downhill tires (eg maxxis high roller) on my stock 08 stp 1 (with maxxis holy rollers 2.4) as I'm going to try out downhilling this season. If you could also tell me what tires I should buy that would be good thanks Edit What size should I buy...
  3. The Stig 22

my new bike

hi everyone due to a crash i had between me and a car (never good) i needed a new bike and i got an 08 giant stp 1. this bike is my first propper mountian bike and i hope to start racing downhill on it soon. sorry for the bad phone pictures...
  4. The Stig 22

back yard track

hey everyone I'm thinking of building a pump track in my back yard and I was wondering is there any hints or tips that you guys have? and is there anything that I should watch out for? thanks for the help and I'll post up some pics when its done.
  5. The Stig 22

bike sizes

hey everyone I went down to by LBS today and I found a perfect new bike for me and five hundred dollars off ( cause the 2009 bikes are coming and its the last one ) but im 6 foot 2 inches and the bikes size its 13.5 inches. Should I take it or should I get a bigger bike with worse spec for the...
  6. The Stig 22

new bike

hey I was wondering should I get a mongoose ritual dirt or a gt chucker 2.0. I will be using it for dirt jumping, riding to school and a bit of 4x. thanks for the help and I hope I see you guysonthetrail one day.:)