Search results

1. pi11wizard

*SOLD* Brand New 2013 Trance X1 29er Medium

Sold thanks Item: 2013 Giant Trance X1 29er Medium Location: Newcastle, Australia Item Condition: Brand New. It has NEVER been ridden. Completely unmodified. As it came out of the box. Reason for selling: Insurance replacement for stolen bike. If I'm honest, I'm not going to ride it and...
  2. pi11wizard

(SOLD) 2008 Giant Anthem 1 (medium)

Item: 2008 Giant Anthem 1 (medium) frame/fork + stem + bars + seatpost plus whatever else is on the bike in the photo. Location: Newcastle, Australia Item Condition: Good - there is a mark in the top tube paint where a stray brake lever swung past, other than that, the frame is in amazing...
  3. pi11wizard

Pato

Talk to me peeps, how did it go? A little soggy after the recent rain no doubt, but mostly OK?
  4. pi11wizard

Singo XC round

Well, that was tops! A huge thanks to all the Singleton boys and girls for putting together a fantastic race venue and inviting us to come and play. Who would of thought we would get a dusty track after all the rain we've had. Thanks to everyone in the timing tent and all the other riders...
  5. pi11wizard

25th Sept HMBA XC Cancelled

After a horrendous nights weather with nearly 50 mm of rain fall over Cooranbong and the rain continuing to fall out that way we have had to call todays racing off to preserve the track. Please advise anyone you may know who was planning to attend. Ross Cairns
  6. pi11wizard

HMBA 3 hour this weekend - New track in Singleton!

HMBA will be holding the first ever race on the new trails in Singleton this weekend. It's exciting stuff! It will be a 3 hour 'enduro' with rego starting at 0830 and race start at 10pm. Trail is located here: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/239473?fb_share=trip&mode=auto This is the...
  7. pi11wizard

HMBA XC round - rescheduled to 26th June.

We have made the decision early and this weekends race is off. We are re-scheduling to the 26th of June. We understand this will clash with events on other peoples calender but lets face it, there aren't any free weekends on the MTB calender that we can go to. Lets hope the weather clears up...
  8. pi11wizard

Tour Divide is a go-go

And their off.... http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide For all those arm chair blue dot junkies, the first rider has departed for SoBo on the ITT. The grand depart doesn't leave for a few days but an early departure means the fun on the side lines will last even longer. With all the talk of...
  9. pi11wizard

Sold

Item: Giant NRS 1 2004 Medium 18.5" Location: Newcastle, NSW Item Condition: Its had a hard life :( I bought this on ebay 12 months ago and it looks better in photos than it does in the flesh. It has quite a lot of paint blemishes and it looks like the previous rider had serious chain suck...
  10. pi11wizard

Paterson XC build day: Sun April 10th

There are still 5 km's of trail to be built at Paterson however the hardest parts have already been completed. This next build day will be the domain of the whipper snipper/brush cutter. Bring your snipper of choice along with some fuel, some ear muffs and plenty of cord. There are several...
  11. pi11wizard

Paterson XC build day: Sat March 12

Saturday March 12** Start: 0800 hrs Following on from the last build day, there are still some sections of trail that need some benching and a whole lot of grass to be whipper snipped. If you have a brush cutter/line trimmer - please bring it along as it will be invaluable. Cold drinks...
  12. pi11wizard

Paterson XC build day: Sun Feb 20th

As this is the inaugural race at Paterson, there is plenty of grooming needed to get the trail in top race ready condition. There is plenty to do so we can use all the hands we can get. Most of the works will focus in a few areas that will require benching although there will be some tree...
  13. pi11wizard

29er UST rims

Who's making UST 29er rims? I'm looking to make a bullet proof 29er offroad touring wheel built with alfine dyno hub up front and 11 speed alfine I.G rear hub. Are there any manufacturers making UST 29er rims which aren't in a prebuilt wheel? I know I could use rim strip with any old rim...
  14. pi11wizard

X-post: DIY Trail/Lap counter

I have posted this in the trail building section but it is a little quiet in there and thought it might find a few more interested club affiliated riders in this forum as well. I have wired up a DIY trail counter for HMBA to get some usage statistics for our trail at Awaba. After 3 weeks of...
  15. pi11wizard

DIY Trail counter/ Lap counter

I hope this might be of some use to a club somewhere along the line. I have wired up a DIY trail counter for HMBA to get some usage statistics for our trail at Awaba. After 3 weeks of running so far, all seems to be working quite well (even after all the rain we have had) so I expect it will...
  16. pi11wizard

XC Round # 11 - a washed out

There is still too much water seeping out of the ground for an XC race to run this weekend. It is officially off as per www.hmba.asn.au
  17. pi11wizard

Sept XC results

I'll post them here until we can get them up on the website.
  18. pi11wizard

HMBA XC night round - this sat

Check the club website. The night round is this weekend and it will be tops!
  19. pi11wizard

HMBA charity night race this saturday

Saturday the 18th of september will see the introduction of a HMBA night race as a charity fund raiser. We are raising money to support the Westpac Rescue Helicopter which has made several visits to Awaba in the past year. Race start will be at 6pm with registration opening at 5pm. Cost...
  20. pi11wizard

National Parks trail access: Have your say

https://mountainbiking.discussions.nsw.gov.au/ NPWS in NSW are calling for submissions from mountain bikers on trail access. Its a chance for every mountain biker to let NPWS know how important trail access is to all riders and I feel that we should make every effort to take advantage of this...