Search results

1. johnny

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear-eyed view of things. About to go do other things, but for the time-being: * he refused to host leaks from Russia on Wikileaks * he coordinated DNC hack and leak ops with Russia and team Trump * he participated in the Stratfor hack (he framed them as an...
  2. johnny

What are you listening to NOW?

3. johnny

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I don't want journalism to be undermined by the efforts to prosecute Assange, he's already done enough damage as it is. Bloke is getting all the shit he deserves, anyone who thinks that he's some kind of crusader needs to take an objective look at the guy and see the amount of harm he has done...
  4. johnny

There are far worse examples you could cite than JL. Maybe Brian Harradine would be a better example of how a single member can wield disproportionate power when they can swing the passage of a bill with their vote either way. Minority govts aren't great when that ever-important vote often...
  5. johnny

Russian Nightclub Bombing...

Don't assume that these guys are even guilty of anything. There's just as much chance that they aren't as there is that they are.
  6. johnny

Why would people vote for a party that they don't want, though? Isn't it the Lib and ALP's fault if people aren't voting for them, rather than the voter's fault?
  7. johnny

Forbidden Dreadnought Build Video

Great vid, a fair bit of effort put into that - good choice of music too. Although I'm getting cold sweats seeing the roll-down where I had my big stack on Australia day, which I am still recovering from!
  8. johnny

ACT Best of Canberra Mountain Bike Experience Workshops

That would be a major part of the problem that I'm referring to. I mean, I see other carparks around with big planter boxes and other similar solutions, not sure why something could not have been identified for this project. I'm pointing the finger at the people who are responsible for the...
  9. johnny

There's hardly any blister islands at all, from memory. I'm no expert on these or any other matters, but surely a solution could have been found to not have a massive, un-shaded area of blackness like that. The ticket machines I can deal with, given that the proceeds go back into the park.
  10. johnny

Live Music Thread

Le Femme D'argent is one of my all-time fav pieces of music. Deerhoof a pretty cool. I can only take them in small doses, but I'm glad that they exist. I spent the weekend rediscovering Justice with their Woman Worldwide performance. From Daft Punk, to Air, to Justice, PAris has really...
  11. johnny

Good lord, this whole website is turning into a 90s music nostalgia love-in.
  12. johnny

Bike wash $WTF

You guys wash your bikes?
  13. johnny

How the FUCK did they not put some trees in that goddamned carpark? Great job at making a giant heat pad, arseholes.
  14. johnny

Live Music Thread

Embarrassed by how hard I had to work to get it.
  15. johnny

Live Music Thread

Didn't know ChemBros were in town (just listened to a few of their gigs on youtube yesterday to pass the work day away), not that I would have been able to go anyway. Never seen them, but am glad to have been able to rock out with Crystal Method and Prodigy previously. Live EDM is the fucking best.
  16. johnny

Been a loooong time..

Daaaaang, that's some horrible luck for a first hit out!
  17. johnny

Been a loooong time..

Nice one, welcome back into the fold. Speaking of folds, that rear tyre looks like it might do with a few more heaves on the pump!
  18. johnny

Your most hated "SALE SPEAK"

My favourite is the "NO SALE NO SPEAK" that a certain member on here might recognise: Other guy reaches out to me on PM - I'm keen on the cannondale chase you mentioned in that other thread, what price would you be thinking? I tell him that I'm attached to the bike and would prob factor that...
  19. johnny

I may be a little over-optimistic here, but I look forward to Advance Australia going and fucking itself after Dunkley: https://www.afr.com/politics/victorian-liberals-advance-in-disarray-after-dunkley-loss-20240303-p5f9cf