Search results

1. MARKL

I shouldn't laugh but

It says bad things about me that I enjoyed watching this so much...
  2. MARKL

Pools without chlorine...help

So, we bought a house with a massive pool last summer. 15m long 2.6m deep, call it a 100,000 litres for a round number. I have never owned or a wanted a pool but I did enjoy it last summer after a ride and looking forward to getting it to run better this summer. My better half would love to run...
  3. MARKL

Accident at Old Mans Valley - Hornsby

Hi guys, Last Sunday there was a very serious accident at Old Mans Valley / Hornsby Mountain Bike Trail. Kid was helicoptered out etc. I have spoken to the dad of the kid that was injured. Police managed to get his bike and gear back to the family except for a school sports bag. I imagine the...
  4. MARKL

Intense Tracer New Kool Aid

Arrhh fuck...missing one of these:frusty: which means the front wheel looks like this... So whilst waiting for the adaptor to arrive I have come down with man flu so I thought I would take some photos of the new kool aid... Bit of background first, my main bike for the last few years has...
  5. MARKL

Accidental Legends

This is a thread for the 'accidental legends' among us, the everyday Steven Bardbury's if you like My little brother kicked it out of the park today...even if he doesn't realise:frusty: So my little brother got married on the 24th of February and honeymoon was organised for Fiji...which was...
  6. MARKL

AC/DC new singer AKA - Axl Can't Do Concerts

What do people think of Axl fronting the band? For me it seems a bridge to far with the other changes in the line up over recent times, just not the same. Hitler doesn't seem impressed either... https://youtu.be/kzt8AThSDoI
  7. MARKL

Anyone going Thredbo to Sydney this Sunday with a spare seat?

See epic road bike thread for explanation http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?298029-Epic-Mountain-Bikin-Road-Trips We need to get one of the crew back to Sydney (prefer Penrith but anywhere will do) on Sunday night. Anyone got a spare seat? Happy to throw in petrol money. No bike or...
  8. MARKL

Epic Mountain Bikin Road Trips

Finally at Thredbo, yesterday's trip turned into an epic. Share your adventures. We were finally packed and ready to go at 4.00pm. 4 blokes/8 bikes and associated crap. 40+ degrees. Got onto the M4 and about 200m in the panhard rod on the front of the Jeep let go, front axle moving all over...
  9. MARKL

Sunday Blingin Sunday (Part 2)

Hi All, I have rebuilt my Sunday and decided to give it a new thread as the build has changed a bit over the years, still blinging and an awesome bike! Frame - 2008 Ironhorse Sunday Elite (L) Rear shock - Vivid 5.1 (Unobtanium Ti Spring) Front shock/fork - 2011 Fox 40 Kashima Handlebars...
  10. MARKL

Corporate Detox

Today was my first day of being unemployed in over 25 years, felt awesome :cheer2: I got up in the morning and finished off a spreadsheet for my old work that I said I would sort out. Took my daughter off to school holiday drama class and then went for a ride. Somewhere in the midst of...
  11. MARKL

Head tube facer

I still haven't found anyone with a setup to ream and face a 44mm head tube, so it looks like I will be buying the reamer and facer :Cry: For a 44mm head tube Park recommend using the 690XL facer in conjunction with the 788 reamer and the 750 centering cone. Now I can get a 690XXL (for...
  12. MARKL

Head Tube Reamer - 44mm head tube

Does anyone in Sydney have a head tube reamer and facer for a 44mm head tube? Cheers
  13. MARKL

Narrow wide chain ring needed - Newcastle/Nelson Bay

I am heading up to camp near Tea Gardens tomorrow morning (from Sydney) and I need a new narrow wide chain ring. Can anyone suggest a bike shop up that way that is likely to have one in stock? Cheers
  14. MARKL

Forget 26 v 27.5 v 29...new thang 'light weight ultra wide rims'

Can it be, them marketing folk have reinvented the wheel for 42nd time in the last 3 weeks, not content with 9/15/20/24/25, 26/27.5/29, 135/142/15/157:boom:now is the time for 'light weight ultra wide rims':fear: From our friends at pinkbike... "Syntace W40 MXS wheels are based upon a...
  15. MARKL

F_ck...laugh/cry...Spesh fat bike....

One of the cool things about fat bikes was that the majors didn't do them, they were just that little bit out of the mainstream. So when I saw Spesh were doing a fat bike I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...ohhh but fuck it looks hot! I am now up to about n+23...
  16. MARKL

Cam Zink....going large...oops...bail!

Watch the vid (article is crap):fear: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8545915/helmet-cam-captures-dramatic-bike-crash
  17. MARKL

Rust....

Hoping somebody can help. Just about finished building my '79 Mongoose Motomag in time for our '2nd Annual Fathers Day BMX Bash' and a small flake of rust fell out of the seat tube... Without destroying the paint is there anyway to treat the frame, get rid of the rust/stop it coming back...
  18. MARKL

SRAM 1x11 - We knew it was coming...

I thought it would probably be a 9-36 cassette but according to the Dirt article it will be a 10-42 cassette that gives a massive range with a single front ring. SRAM have also done something funky to the front chainring so you don't need a chain guide. I imagine if you need to ask how much then...
  19. MARKL

Crank Bros Cobalt and SRAM XX Cassette??? + 142 x 12

Started fitting drivetrain to new blinging bike and... Wheel set is Crank Bros Cobalt, XX cassette, bikes is a Cube Sting with a 142x12 axle. So I install the cassette and it just clears the spoke flanges on the hub, install on bike. Start tightning the rear axle and the cassette/hub touch...
  20. MARKL

Fork for Cube Sting HPC 2010?

I recently purchased a 2010 Cube Sting HPC frame on ebay for the grand sum of $54.50 (no typo):o. The frame required a repair to the bottom pivot bolt but I have been able to get that fixed so now I have a new (for me) carbon frame - 120mm travel both ends that I need to build up.:D My plan...