Search results

1. kgunzer

That's why we can't have nice things....

On a Monday, just calmed down a very POed S6 for his temper issues. Story went like this;: S6 enters a semi-posh bike shop innacity with an RB shirt on and saw posh prices (claims over 15% markup from wholesale). Talked to the owner/manager about potential work/just plain hanging out so he...
  2. kgunzer

NSW WTB: Avid 5" rotor CS2 or CS3 (not gay, ghey; IT MUST BE STRAIGHT)

As titled... don't care if rusted as long as it's straight... IT Must be straight!!! It has to be straight cause my Juicy doesn't have a lot of tolerance (0.02mm)
  3. kgunzer

What you got for Christmas pressies :D

:D 2x MTX33s + DTSwiss Anodized spokes + Hope EVO II F/R hubs :party: + Velo caps + MAXXIS 4a Slow Reezay Minoons Front 3C DH Minions Rear :biggrin1: + Brand New 2009 Avid Codes = Happee Gunzee All I got to do now is put them together :excitement:
  4. kgunzer

NSW 160mm Avid IS Rotor Adapter (Front), 5" Avid G3 rotor

item: FOUND Avid Rotor Adapter supplied by steve24 location: Preferrably NSW or QLD price: Depends on condition (need some bolts as well) extra info: 160mm Front, IS mount item: 5" G3 Avid Rotor location: Preferrably NSW or QLD price: Depends on condition extra info: Need to be straight and not...
  5. kgunzer

Head set stack height problem vs short steerer length of fork

Hi guys! I need to figure out how to get the most of the available steerer I got left on my fork. The current set up is using a Token head set and it is secured by a Rock Shox TurnCoat. The Spank TwoTimer stem barely have enough steerer to clamp on. After a ride, the TurnCoat comes a bit...
  6. kgunzer

What did you gave this Christmas?

Oury grips to S6, cash to some poor bloke at Town Hall, moneys to Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul buncha dark chocolates for my sister, Opal earrings to my mum, Johnny Bluey for my old man, and a bad stare to some IC at Granville. Missed fishing trip, but will hunt bambie or pumbah...
  7. kgunzer

Suggest a Bike Hanging device for space saving storage/security

I need to secure my 2 rides for about a week or two for a hunting/fishing trip. The storage space is a bit contested by my mate's vehicle so the only way to secure the bikes is to store it with hooks on the ceiling. The ceiling height is about 3m and has beams running from wall to wall. The...
  8. kgunzer

Helmet mounts for lights and action cams

Following this thread, is it a bad idea to drill holes on your helmet for mounting torches and cameras? I got a very nice torch spitting 120 lumens using three AA batteries. There are bar mounted accessories available for such torches, but I like mine helmet mounted so it illuminates where I...
  9. kgunzer

How to...

defy Newton's 2nd law? What I'm talking about is the basic skill of changing direction mid air. I can orient the bike in flight to the succeeding direction want to go but can't seem to sail a graceful turn mid flight. Is there a how to section around here or, is there a DH camp I...
  10. kgunzer

Is it just me, or is CRC offering free...

Postage? Someone is awfully very nice to me today :excitement:
  11. kgunzer

Cylists in a bad light from article at Sunday Telegraph

Cyclists, according to RTA are road users and are bound by the same road rules. The article in the paper I read today while having a break states that majority of urban cyclists are not properly behaved as they go about in their use of the public road. I'd just want to inform the Farkin...
  12. kgunzer

1.125 vs 1.5 (1 1/8 vs 1 1/2) or the hybrid tapered...

I'm a bit slow and I think this has been talked about before but what's the advantage of using 1 1/2 steerers vs the standard 1 1/8? I got an upcoming project and apparently, head tube size is one of the deciding factor.
  13. kgunzer

Strange

It's strange how a new user get access to trading forums on his first post. Is something going on we should know about?
  14. kgunzer

Carbon Credits for bike riders...

was thinking of this idea for LTYL. Anyway, I'm just not sure how the metering will work
  15. kgunzer

29" on Boxxer Team Forks

Has anyone tried fitting a 29" Rim on a RS Boxxer Teams? These were intended for 26" wheels but it just got me thinking... And of course, 2.5" tyres in the front is a must :D
  16. kgunzer

Indexing problems...

All gears can be engaged except the last one. 09 Shimano Saints are crisp and snappy indexing, but I seem to have problems getting from 13T up to 11T. Here's how it looks: As pictured, I can't get the 09 Saint RD to engage the last gear. The idler's has gone past alignment of the...
  17. kgunzer

NSW WTB: 28~32T 64BCD granny ring!!!

Item: The largest granny ring you got!!! Condition: working of course Price: You tell me Ship to: Sydney Extra info: MUST BE 64 BCD to fit my dual chainring setup :D
  18. kgunzer

Tyre seating on rims...

I changed to Maxxis Minions from my Maxxis High Rollers... I had a hard time fitting them in (brand new, tyres). I couldn't get the tyres to get properly seated on the rims and they wiggle as if the wheels need tuning. I deflated, reseated, tuned, re-inflated again but I just can't get the...
  19. kgunzer

Did you know...

that in place of LocTite 243 thread sealant, you can use the humble rubber glue used in patching tyres? a bit messy to get on if you put on too much and kinda difficult to clean afterwards, but they work well to mechanically hold and (later contaminate the treads) the small non-load bearing...
  20. kgunzer

extra 4 links in chain, will it help smoth the shifting on 1x9, or 2x9 drivetrain?

OK, I've tuned the drive train over and over again but I just don't the right feel when shifting up or down (it could just be me, but I like my shifts to be snappy but smooooooooooothh). My 1x9 DH rig seems to have problems on the last 3 lowest gears (chain is a bit skewed and rear derailluer...