Search results

1. B

Everything for project 26" hardtail

Item - forks, wheels, controls, drivetrain Location - central coast, nsw Price range - Willing to pay reasonable prices Extra info: Just bought an on-one 456 as a project. Looking to put it together at a reasonable cost as the wife is not embracing the n+1 theory. Wheels, ideally stans or...
  2. B

WTB - Fullface Helmet

ITEM: Full face helmet, not fussed on brand etc Location: Central Coast, NSW Condition; Used, but still suitable for future use. Extra Info: Just looking to try and find a cheap full face helmet that someone has surplus to requirements. I'm planning to enter a GE event soon and want to wear a...
  3. B

Converting to 2x10

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search but could not find anything to answer my question. I am about to convert to 2x10 from 3x and just unsure on whether it is necessary to replace the front derailluer aswell or if the existing one can just be adjusted. The shifters have the...
  4. B

Another Warranty question

What are peoples views on this. Recently purchased a new bike from my LBS. It is not even 3 months old and due to not much time to ride it has done less than 100km. I noticed at the weekend that the rubber frame guard on the down tube is coming unstuck and appears not to have been fitted...
  5. B

LOST Countour Roam2 - Red Kincumber Mountain

Believe to be lost somewhere between the radio tower and on the road out. If any local riders could keep an eye out for it that would be appreciated. Cheers Bryan
  6. B

Drive chain changes

Recently got some great help on wheel choice and how to pick something suitable so thought I would abuse the knowledge on here again with another question. Ride a 2012 superfly 100 with a standard 3x10 set up. Have been thinking about dropping a chain ring and going 2x10 and just seen that...
  7. B

Confusion with purchasing wheels

Just looking to see if anyone can offer me some advice. I have been a member here for a while and don't generally post, but have benefitted on a number of occassions from the shared knowledge in this forum. I have a stock 2012 Superfly 100 and have reached the stage of wanting to upgrade...
  8. B

New to Farkin, Where should I go??

I am in the process of returning to mountain biking after a 6 year break. My new bike arrived today, courtesy of my lovely wife, a Kona Kikapu Deluxe which I can't wait to hit the trails on. I do however have one problem, I moved to Oz in the last 3 years living on the Central Coast NSW, and...