Search results

1. MasterOfReality

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Wow I haven't thought of that for years, remember reading about it in the early 2000s! Think it was Statesman only or similar.
  2. MasterOfReality

Finished restoring the centre console I bought of Ebay. It was pretty rough. Have a new manual console insert, cigarette lighter, handbrake handle and button, and power window switches to complement. Paint was colour matched although the grey wasn't a good match, the blue was. Ebay special...
  3. MasterOfReality

My W&B is due for calibration as well. They are such a weapon of a thing. Finished wiring up the reverse lights, neutral safety switches and brake lights. Need to figure out how to wire in an additional switch to the clutch to keep cruise control functional. New floor plate is in, and I...
  4. MasterOfReality

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Well that's the nature of a progressive system. The more you earn the more you pay, and vice versa.
  5. MasterOfReality

Yeah this one is pretty simple. Out of the firewall next to brake booster, loops under itself and feeds down next to extractors and over steering rack to the bellhousing. The cable manufacturer put silicon sleeves in exactly the right places so the cable doesn't melt. Not looking forward to...
  6. MasterOfReality

They moved to a hydraulic setup in the VS I think. I had the option of converting this to a hydraulic set up but just went with the factory cable option. It's not an overly heavy clutch to operate. I had a Mazda 3 MPS that felt worse!
  7. MasterOfReality

No skid pics, yet.
  8. MasterOfReality

The bush is sintered bronze and I did soak it in engine oil for a few days and pushed the oil through until it appeared to be sweating. Also added a very light smear of high temp grease when installing the trans. I took the tail shaft to Hardy Spicer to have it reassembled with new bearings and...
  9. MasterOfReality

It whines but I haven’t driven it enough to see if it whines in all gears or stops in 4th which would indicate a bearing issue. Mind you I’m listening to it through an open hole in the trans tunnel. There is a chattering/rattle when I engage the clutch to creep the car forward or backwards...
  10. MasterOfReality

Thats good to know. The gearbox is noisy as hell too, but I'm driving it with no centre console so I'm gearing all the gear noise and rattling. Advice from Tremec groups is that it will settle down after the 1,000km run in and fluid change. Lucky if this car sees 1,000km a year!
  11. MasterOfReality

Pulled my finger out and removed box, reset clutch fork and put it all back together. Seven hours from start to finish. Pretty tricky trying to judge the position of the clutch fork at half pedal but I think I got it close. Factory pivot ball height spec is 105 mm, mine ended up at 103 mm...
  12. MasterOfReality

Christmas 2023: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, the WTF?!?!? & the Schadenfreude.... Show us what you got...

It's happened before, and I have managed to find something. This time I'm considering calling her bluff. It may end in tears but the logic cannot be denied. Then again, its female so logic doesn't apply.
  13. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

I made -$1,821.95 yesterday. How good is that haha. Have lodged a ticket with Sungrow as both the installer and solar company are non responsive at the moment.
  14. MasterOfReality

Christmas 2023: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, the WTF?!?!? & the Schadenfreude.... Show us what you got...

I've been set up for failure. Months ago, the missus and I agreed no presents. Last night she said she got me something, couldn't help it. She says she wants nothing and not to worry about it. I should have seen this coming haha, but I'm thinking of tempting fate and not getting anything as...
  15. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

15kW on three phase, I think in QLD.
  16. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

Yeah something definitely not right. I'm sitting here with two ducted aircons blasting, pool pump going flat out, two fridges, septic pumps etc etc.
  17. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

Quarterly but I can access daily/monthly data from Origin using their smart meters, which I'm assuming are the most accurate. When the graphic is live you can see the direction of the energy, in the case above it was going from the solar panel to the house, and solar panel to grid. House was...
  18. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

Yeah its bizarre, sometimes it looks normal but most of the times its like this. This is the second inverter, the first shat the bed after two days!
  19. MasterOfReality

Solar... who's clued in?

Ended up getting 19.3kW worth of panels installed, running through a 15kW Sungrow three phase inverter. Trying to wrap my head around the app that monitors consumption and production. I'm convinced something isn't right but I'm new to this so might be completely wrong. For example: How can...