Search results

1. Puddleduck

Going to Derby, Tassie

I'm heading to Tassie, Derby for about 5 days most probably in November. Before I do any in depth research I'd like to know: 1. How Burners have gotten over there from Victoria -> plane + car hire or ferry + own car? 2. Good place to stay central to the trails that can fit 4 - 6 people? 3. What...
  2. Puddleduck

Waterproof pants for winter commute

I'm about to trawl through CRC and have a look for waterproof pants so that I can commute to work when it's wet. :smow: Any recommendations from the punters about some decent and durable water proof pants.......? Cheers
  3. Puddleduck

Torn ligament in ankle

Hi 'Burners, so instead of seeking professional knowledge I've elected to go to the bottom of the knowledge totem. I 'sprained' my ankle well good. If not a Grade 3 then definitely a very very high Grade 2. 5 weeks in and its slowly slowly slowly slowly slowly healing. :baby: So...
  4. Puddleduck

VIC [VIC] 2006 Kona Stinky Deluxe SOLD

Item: 2006 Kona Stinky Deluxe size Medium Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Good, one of the front shock seals is leaking, the rear shock is in excellent condition, scratches on the frame from shuttles and a couple of stacks, but overall VGC. I wasn’t a hard rider. Reason for selling: I...
  5. Puddleduck

Best time of year to go to Queenstown NZ?

Hi all. For all those that have been to Queenstown NZ. The lads and I are going to head over to Queenstown NZ. What is the best time of year to be in Queenstown for (1) good trails and (2) decent riding weather? At the moment we are thinking about heading over in early November 2014. Also...
  6. Puddleduck

chevo recipe

Anyone have a good chevapchici recipe? Yeah......I've looked on the webz but would like to know if anyone has a good home recipe for these awesome meaty delights. No.....I can't mince the meat, so will have to rely on the butcher.
  7. Puddleduck

Intercom/Radio for full face helmets

I was at I-Ride doing runs a few months ago and noticed a father and son (sorry can't recall your names) had what was a intercom or radio in/on their full face helmets. I like the idea. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of a good system/setup for full face helmets?
  8. Puddleduck

Spam in Rotorburn?

What's with all the spam flooding the forum? Can't the admins stop it?
  9. Puddleduck

You Yangs open post rains?

Has the You Yangs MTB tracks reopened after last weeks rains? Will they be open on the weekend - 2nd June and 3rd June?
  10. Puddleduck

Shipping from the US via virtual address

Rotorburner's, has anyone shipped items from the US using a forwarder/virtual address before? Any recommendations on some companies with a good reputation? I've found some gear online but they only hsip within the US and won't do OS. Any help will be appreciated. I have Googled it and found...
  11. Puddleduck

Fixing a tubeless tyre puncture

Any advice on how to fix a tubeless tyre puncture?:confused: There is a slit thats approximately 4mm long running across the tyre. The white latex solution was coming out as the air escaped. I have had a quick look on the net on how to do it. One method is to take the tyre bead off the rim...
  12. Puddleduck

Trails near Castlemaine

Please PM me with details on how to get to some of the trails near Castlemaine. I have found some directions to the Pines Plantation trails which I am assuming are still there. I think the single speed world champs were held there many moons ago. I'm interested in some of the other singletrack...
  13. Puddleduck

Warburton, VIC XC/AM/DH?

Hi, I've looked at Google maps and there must be some trails around Warburton. Plenty of forest. If anyone knows some XC/AM/DH trails around Warburton and you can provide some directions, please PM me. It'll be much appreciated as I live in the SE suburbs and Forrest or Woodend is on the other...
  14. Puddleduck

Thredbo - weather & accomodation?

Planning a trip to Thredbo for the weekend of the 30th april to catch the end of the DH lift season. Whats the the DH trail conditions like? Is it worth going? Is there any accomodation worth booking into or any accomodation the crew needs to avoid? Cheers.
  15. Puddleduck

Gandy's Gully/Rockpile Track in SA - is it still there?

Gandy's Gully/Rockpile Track in SA - is it still there? I once lived in Adelaide and 10 yrs ago moved to Melbourne. I use to regularly do runs of what I (& my mate) called the Gandy's Gully/Rockpile Track. The track started up the top somewhere off a dirt road near the Coach Rd/Mt Lofty...
  16. Puddleduck

Finding the MTB trails @ Officer & Beaconsfield

Can anyone explain to me how to find the MTB trails at Officer and Beaconsfield in Victoria. I have seen them mentioned in threads on the forum and I am very keen to check them out. Help is appreciated.
  17. Puddleduck

Place to ride S/E suburbs melbourne

I'm looking for some recommendations on places to ride near melbourne preferably on the Eastern, South Eastern side of the city as its closer to home. Somewhere between Healsville and Beaconsfield. Currently I'm doing most of my riding at the You Yangs and in summer the Wombat Track & Youies...
  18. Puddleduck

Santa Cruz BlurLT?

Has anyone bought a Santa Cruz BlurLT in the last year or two? I've checked out the Santa Cruz website and it looks like a very nice bike. I'm thinking of getting one as a do everything bike. If anyone has bought one and can provide some feedback - good points / (any bad points) it would be very...
  19. Puddleduck

Going to Canada in August - need advice

I'm heading to Canda in early august for 2 weeks as part of a wider holiday and hoping to get in a couple of days of DH/trail riding. I won't be able to take any of my gear with me, so will have to hire everything over there. Any recommendations on places to go? Whistler and....? I read on a MTB...