Search results

1. wombat

SOLD Thule BSTK2 two bike storage stands

Item: Two Thule BSTK2 'bike stacker' dual stands. Location:Currently in Richmond NSW for pickup during business hours, can arrange to have them picked up from Enmore after hours too. Pickup only at this stage, they pull apart half way up so they're easy to transport in a car. Item...
  2. wombat

NSW SOLD DMR Trailstar: $300

And she's gone, thanks for looking. *sob* Item: DMR Trailstar LT hardtail Location: Strathfield NSW afterhours, Richmond NSW during work hours. Pickup strongly preferred Item Condition: Used, see below Reason for selling: Moving to a smaller place, need to downsize Price and price...
  3. wombat

NSW SOLD THE fullface, MET Kaos, ShimanoRoad shoes, Time Xpresso 8

Taking the leftover bits to Ebay, thanks all. UPDATE: Just the THE full face left, price drop to $60, and it's still brand new! Time to clean out some stuff that I'm just not using for whatever reason so grab a bargain! Apologies for all the shitty photos, my phone camera is of...
  4. wombat

A Sight for (causing) sore eyes.

As much as I liked my old Sight carbon, a few things bugged me: SRAM 2x10, the dropper, and most of all the fact that they're pretty small bikes, and a medium just wasn't big enough. So I threw in an order for a new C 7.1, without really knowing what it looked like, but knowing that the spec was...
  5. wombat

NEW parts: Arch/DT wheelset, x1 shifter & chain, hans dampf, ODI jaws, rotors

Some general info regarding all items: Location: Pickup is best after hours at Strathfield, but may be able to organise something during business hours out west in Richmond. Item Condition: Everything here is brand new, never used. Some may have been fitted and removed, specifics given below...
  6. wombat

Want a power tower thingo

So I'm in a new place, and I don't have a pullup bar, or anywhere to hang rings (not that my physio likes me using those anyway). My housemate has a climbing hangboard setup, but it's not on a super stable base, so anything other than a slow, strict pullup and I'm at risk of pulling down quite a...
  7. wombat

Melbournites: what should I do tomorrow arvo evening?

So I'm heading south for work for part of the upcoming week, and it looks like I'm on an earlier flight than I thought, should get in around lunchtime. Any suggestions from the locals for a good way to kill a Sunday arvo evening? Maybe somewhere nice (and reasonably priced) to get some eats...
  8. wombat

Road tubeless: stans tape or full UST?

So I'm going to get myself some Light Bicycle carbon clinchers, partly because I'm keen to see what tubeless is like on the road. I'll get the 45mm 'U-shape' rim, but I'm just not sure whether to get the standard 'tubeless ready' version and run a couple of layers of stan's tape, or opt for a...
  9. wombat

Steel frame for a midget?

I finally managed to get the girl to go for a ride on a proper road bike, and she's decided that it's something she could get used to. It'll just be for a bit of fun and exercise, and she's a real beginner, so I was initially just going to grab something in a relaxed geo ladies roadie (the bike...
  10. wombat

2 x Royal Tech tee jerseys (Large) - $35 posted for both!

Item: 2 x Royal Tech tee jerseys (Large) Location: Western Sydney Item Condition: Brand new, still in packets Reason for selling: Got them for my old man, he hasn't found use for them and they're a bit big for me. Price and price conditions: $35 for the two, including post Extra Info: Size...
  11. wombat

Old Aussie actor, who is it?

So here's the deal, a few doors down from my brother's place in Sydney, lives a bloke I recognise from telly (and maybe some movies). Problem is, I can't remember exactly what, and I have no idea what his name is, and its driving us all insane. I've tried googling for old australian actors with...
  12. wombat

Anodizing or powdercoating (for roof bars)

New car is coming shortly and it's gonna need some roof racks if I want to be able to get to the trails. I'm going to put the Thule wingbar edge on it but I'm really not a fan of the silver bars, so I want to make them black. Yeah I know there's other racks out there that are black, but there's...
  13. wombat

Electricity meter reading and estimated bills

Power bill came the other day, based on usage from another 'estimated' read. The non-reading of our meter has been a bit of an ongoing problem; there's multiple premises on this site (commercial and residential) and the meters are located inside the commercial building. There's open access to...
  14. wombat

Car loans: school me

Looks like the time has come for me to join the ranks of the financially whipped. Gotta get myself a car in the next couple of months, and I really don't want another old shitter. Looking to spend $10-15k, and hoping to have 8-10k in my hand when I buy, so I'll need a loan to bridge the gap and...
  15. wombat

NSA's PRISM outed

NSA secretly mining user data from U.S. Internet giants Seems to be pretty big news at the moment. Lots of denails being thrown around from the companies named, and some interesting implications for foreign nations, given the idea that plenty of traffic passes through the US. Personally...
  16. wombat

Consumer law (warranties) in VIC?

Short version: Bought SSD with 3 year warranty back in 2010, it failed once in 2011, was replaced, failed again recently so I sent it back to the Victorian store it was bought from for warranty. Today, I get an email titled "warranty claim approved", with this message: FYI, original price...
  17. wombat

Easton tubeless wheels leaking

Man, this build is turning into a bloody pain, dunno if I'm ever going to get to ride the thing! New rig has EA70XCT wheels, with Schwalbe tubeless ready tyres (ron and nic). Problem is that the bloody rims seem to be leaking, as air and sealant is coming out around the spokes, and in the...
  18. wombat

Rucksack / travel pack: help me!

This is a bit of a last minute thread I guess, as I may yet end up going shopping for this tomorrow, but oh well, better late than never. Story is I'm heading to Europe for a while, not entirely a typical backpacking trip, but there's bound to be a bit of that style of travel along with some...
  19. wombat

garage/mechanic's work stool

With christmas coming around, I'm looking for something to get the old man, and given that he rides a British motorbike, something to help him fix broken shit seems like a good idea. I'm thinking of something like the workstools I've seen which are on castors, and have a tray for parts/tools...
  20. wombat

Pink bar tape: suggestions?

Trying to hunt down some pink bar tape, but it needs to be bright pink, not pale pink (probably closer to magenta, really). Lizard Skins, Shimano, various Velo, Fizik are all too pale. Ideally looking for something with a reasonable thickness but colour is number one priority here. Photo...