Search results

1. flamshmizer

Fat tyres

Probably more due to the fact that most companies 2.35" tyres are roughly the same width or wider than the minion 2.5", which would be considers the benchmark of downhill tyres. If you look at the tyres they are probably much the same in actual profile
  2. flamshmizer

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

I definitely agree to an extent, but it's awesome having a race where no thought is given to strategy, just give it 100%, win or bust. I think most people agree the overall is the greater achievement, but it's pretty cool wearing the world champs jersey all year. Really there's probably only...
  3. flamshmizer

Intense M16

I've never understood the "Intense is the same as Santa Cruz because VPP" argument. Firstly, Santa Cruz didn't invent VPP, they bought it off two blokes way back in the day, so why is it just because they own the patent they are the best at using it? Secondly, shifting the pivot bolts even...
  4. flamshmizer

Ad campagains you wish existed and general bike snobbery

Santa Cruz - More common than Giants, but you still want one. Davinci - The bling of carbon with the weight of wrought iron. Trek - You didn't need that chainstay right? Norco - Seriously we have great bikes at great prices, how are we not Giant? Polygon - Donor bikes since 1989...
  5. flamshmizer

Dream Bike Shop - HELP

Just give a shit about the sport and the people walking in your door and you'll make return business off every one of them. I would also advise having some sort of reliable system for you to keep track of orders. The biggest failing of my local bike stores is when I've ordered something and...
  6. flamshmizer

CCDB Coil on Trek Scratch 9

Hey man, Ive got a Trek Scratch as well with a CCDB Air. The CCDB matches the curve of the Scratch quite well. With the stock shock they tend to go through their travel too fast, or have no small bump compliance. Get the right spring to bring the sag between 25-30%. The compression and...
  7. flamshmizer

2015 Team Rumours/Changes

He was ranked 14th at he end of 2012, 12th in 2013 and 11th this season, he's getting more consistent. Top 20 with the talent around at the moment really is a feat. e/ Conviniently skipped over the fact that he was 2nd in 2011. But he had a bad injury in 2012 I beleive. He might not be banner...
  8. flamshmizer

2015 Team Rumours/Changes

Beer = Nick Beer? Broken Chain = Neko Mullaly? Love heart with british flag = Danny Hart? Needles = Andrew Neethling?
  9. flamshmizer

Ohlins Internals?

So he's running it with the ramped knobs on the leading edge as per manufacturers specifications... What's the big deal?
  10. flamshmizer

Sunshine Coast or towoombah

As a Toowoomba local I can say that our riding its good if you like steep and rocky. That said its still quite flowy. Sunshine coast AM riding I can't speak for.
  11. flamshmizer

WC Round 5 Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada

So awesome to see Sam win again. 5 winners from 5 rounds.
  12. flamshmizer

2015 Specialized Demo's (Aluminium)

It does resemble the Lawwill on the Rotec, but the chainstay and seat stay pivots are a lot further away from the axle. The chainstay pivot is in a similar spot to some of the recent Norco's, maybe theres something in that.
  13. flamshmizer

Pivots around the bottom bracket, I thought that was supposed to be aweful for pedalling?
  14. flamshmizer

Pretty bummed they lost the destinctive "double seat stay" Other then that it's looks will probably grow on me
  15. flamshmizer

26inch wheels in 27.5inch size frames

One minor issue may the the distance from the centre of the fork steering to centre of fork axle might be different from 27.5 to 26, could give undesirable handling. Potentially.
  16. flamshmizer

WC Round 4 Leogang, Austria

When a 27.5" bike wins a race, the 26" crowd say how its the rider not the bike that wins races. When a 26" bike wins a race, the 26" crowd say how the 26" is obviously the fastest :noidea:
  17. flamshmizer

WC Round 4 Leogang, Austria

3 Aussies in the top 10! Go Conner, he's having a grey season so far
  18. flamshmizer

Ford Ranger MTB ad

The 2.2 Auto is gutless, totally gutless. I don't know if the motor has got major turbo lag or if the auto just saps that much power but its pretty aweful to drive. The interior is weird too, the window sill is really high up so its not comfortable to rest your arm on, the dash and...
  19. flamshmizer

Electronic shifting

Too all those worried about battery running out, just charge it when you clean your chain. Apparently the battery lasts for 2 months or so of riding, so lets say 1 month to be safe. If you don't clean your chain once a month you don't deserve XTR anyway.
  20. flamshmizer

Things Rotorburners say.

How do I get to the start of [Somewhat secret less than legal track]?