Search results

1. Joel O

Training Log Joel's 2013 log

In the interest of not clogging up Steve's thread, I've started my own. I'll try to update the thread at least weekly Stats first: Age: 22 Height: 184cm Weight: 90.0kg Chest: Arms: Legs: Waist: 82cm Brief background: mid last year I decided it was time to hit the gym and get...
  2. Joel O

Summer Project Thread

Simple concept, what are you working on right now? Share your stories here. Triumphs, Disasters, lessons learned, photos etc etc. It doesn't matter what the project is, it could be something you are designing/building, a skill you're learning, a goal you've set... Me, I'm partway through...
  3. Joel O

SS Commuter Weapon

Item: SS Commuter Weapon (xc style geo) Location: Wollongong (can meet sydney/canberra also), will pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: depends what's on offer, but can potentially spend over $600 for the right bike Extra Info: I'm bang on 6' tall, so looking at around the 19/20" frame...
  4. Joel O

Where to Buy Tool Steel?

As the title suggests, I'm trying to track down O-1 grade tool steel flat bar (1/8" x 1.5" ideally). I spent the better part of this afternoon googling and on the phones with little success locally. So I'm hoping to tap into the collective experience of the forum, has anybody previously...
  5. Joel O

Solitary Islands Marine Park Review

All, a favour please... The Solitary Islands Marine Park is up for review, please go to http://www.savesol.com/ and make a submission. It is important that you write SOMETHING in the comments boxes on the submission, otherwise it will be counted as a form letter rather than an individual...
  6. Joel O

Knife Block Sets

Can anybody recommend a block set for <$300 (but could stretch a little bit if necessary). I realise the budget limits my options a bit Ideally something with a steel and a bread knife, although I could compromise on the bread knife as it's not so important to protect the edge on so it can live...
  7. Joel O

electronics help

basically, trying to set up a strobe light for a party. it has a 1/4" input to sync it with the audio. with nothing plugged in the light works fine, as soon as i plug in any audio (turned on or not) nothing happens, unplug the audio, it starts up again. the light uses a flash tube, not LED's...
  8. Joel O

road/track frame

Item: road/track frame 58cm ish square Location: canberra, will pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: not sure, thinking about $200 depending on brand, model, condition, age, extras etc Extra Info: must be either horizontal or track dropouts, 700cc wheels and 1 1/8" steerer. also looking...
  9. Joel O

Which folding knife?

as the title suggests, i'm after a folding knife but am a bit overwhelmed by the choices. fairly open on brand and exact design but have a few basic requirements: MUST have a serrated edge somewhere on the blade for cutting rope/cord/anything else a plain edge won't do must have a hole...
  10. Joel O

daypacks?

following a little bit of forgetfulness on my part and not being willing to de-mould my old pack, i'm in the market for a newie. previously had a 25L deuter ac lite which i was really happy with but am now looking for something slightly larger. requirements: top loading, hooded style. no...
  11. Joel O

pacific destinations

looking for a bit of advice here from those who have done it all before. starting uni next year but looking to take a decent break between now and then and at this stage i'm thinking budget style holiday somewhere in the pacific. destination must be: surf friendly dive friendly see...
  12. Joel O

Lugged Steel Roadie

Item: lugged steel roadie Location: canberra will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay:depends what's on offer, i have no fixed limit but have a pretty good idea of what stuff is worth. let me know what you got and we'll go from there Extra Info:must be 700c. after higher quality stuff, around...
  13. Joel O

Do The Test

cycling related but discussion could go either way so i'll post it here. props to anyone who gets it first go. TEST!
  14. Joel O

You've Won a Toyota

She must be Berry disappointed!
  15. Joel O

Mobiles

I managed to destroy my phone at work last week and need to replace it. Ok, i'll just buy a new one, easy. Wrong! i've still got nearly a year left on a 3G plan so i need a 3g compatible phone. Does anybody know of a 3g phone where i won't be paying huge amounts extrafor a fancy camera, mp3...
  16. Joel O

Finally Some Good News

Beer is better at re-hydrating you after exercise than water! I always had faith.
  17. Joel O

Does it exist?

An expanding space filler foam that comes in a can and sets HARD? looking to use it to replicate something from a mould for a school project and so far all i've found is ones that set soft. alternatively can anyone recommend a fairly low density, hard foam (similar to surfboard foam) and...
  18. Joel O

Motorhead Tour

Oct 3/07 Brisbane, Australia Convention Centre Oct 5/07 Sydney, Australia Enmore Theatre Oct 6/07 Newcastle, Australia The Civic Theatre Oct 7/07 Sydney, Australia Enmore Theatre Oct 9/07 Melbourne, Australia Forum Oct 10/07 Melbourne, Australia...
  19. Joel O

Sunn Steel Hardtail 17.5" SOLD

Item: Sunn steel hardtail xc frame Location:canberra, happy to post Item Condition:overall very good. frame has small scuff marks on most tubes and the usual rub on the driveside chainstay as shown in the picture. frame is also missing headtube badge. Reason for selling:no longer riding bikes...