Search results

1. B

24' too small for taller riders?

Looking to get a dirt jumping bike after a long hiatus from the scene. Last jumped about 5 years ago on a BMX. Since then I've been downhill/freeriding. Test rode a BMX - hated it, I've grown a fair bit since I last rode and just didn't like it (I'm 6'2 now). Which brings me to my current...
  2. B

Are Dual-Crowns needed in Australia?

I have recently been looking at some secondhand Giant Glory's, a lot of which come with Totem's, which kind of turned me off . But then I remembered back to last year at Stromlo. A good percentage of riders were using single crowns, granted they are the elite but still...... So my questions is...
  3. B

Sizing for a Tall Lad

G'day guys. Just getting back into BMXing after a 2 year break and have grown quite about. I stand at around 6'2 which I think is fine for a BMX as long as I get the right sizing. I have tried the LBS, but being that I want odd/rare sizing they don't have bikes for me to try, but have offered to...
  4. B

Rear Shock Problem (Hard Spot)

I have just recently bought a Giant DH Comp. All is well so far except the rear shock (Manitou) seems to have a hard spot within the stroke. It will compress maybe an inch, then once a greater load of force is applied, it will compress the rest of the way, omitting a small sound at the same...
  5. B

Rigid or Sus, 24 or 26

G'day, I've just got a few questions. I'm looking to get into the dirt jump mountain bike scene (grown too tall for BMX), but coming from a BMX background I'm not really sure about a few things. This is by no means a "what bike to get" thread, it just seems the boys a the local bike shop cant...