Search results

1. I

Nice Rack

I went to the race in brookfield on the weekend with a friend and my girlfriend, and in walking to the event and passing a carpark, I saw a bike rack like my friends. So of course I say, "hey look, it has a rack like yours", my girlfriend turns round and gives me the dirtiest look. I pissed myself.
  2. I

hehehe silly roadies.

Fight! http://remnant.rutgers.edu/jdkim/multimedia/video/random/Sorriest_Fight_Ever.mpg
  3. I

Fork question

Are there any problems with extending the fork legs much lower than where the axle attaches? I know lots of forks do it, but not as much as I am thinking. I'm sure there's an obvious reason for it, but I can't think of it. It would mean you could have much more travel on suspension without...
  4. I

Modulation

What factors in a brake can affect modulation? Is it the material of the pad? is it the angle the pad touches the disc? is it the disc itself? is it just how much time you are prepared to use tweaking them? Is is the fluid type in the cables? discussion time.
  5. I

Chain guide device

Something I've been thinking of lately, is a semi sealed front chainring. It would be easily detached from the chainring, but it would run with the help of bearings. ie where the bearings sit that is closest to the chainring (bearing cup I suppose?) would be attached to the chainring or cranks...
  6. I

Bear Bikes?

Whatever happened to Bear Bikes? They weren't too common to start with, but one of their bikes got me hooked on the name. Nowadays, I can't even find a website. Don't think any of you remember, but 1998 December issue of AMB posted a review of the Bear DH. I reckon it would still have to be...
  7. I

Cheap Platforms.

Just spent all your money on a bike, but ironically don't have enough for pedals at the end of it all? Never fear. I've been using mongoose aluminium platforms for two bikes now, which would be about 6-8 years I reckon. The bike they are on at the moment is a hardtail, and I can be a pretty...