Search results

1. MTBm8

Who's looking forward to learning about the Groover method?

Hi Groovers Love the work Chris does
  2. MTBm8

Chain reaction cycles

Deliver times I ordered a jersey and shorts with free postage from Wiggle on Monday 12th Oct and still waiting which is over the recommended time frame. I once ordered three items from Torpedo7, Wiggle and JensenUSA and they came in the mail Jensen (2nights) , Wiggle (4 nights) and then...
  3. MTBm8

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have 4 channel Hi, I have the 4 channel rack but its the same tow ball connection. Mine does not sit flush with the plate either but floats above it on the ball with the tongue in the grove as yours is, I would have to check if it sat any lower than that. As long as the nut on the side of...
  4. MTBm8

Glasses sweat

Cut down Buff I have been using a cut down Buff head tube scarf thing for a few years with great success. I cut a third off and use one third at a time in summer or double it over and use two thirds of it in winter for warmth. It can get a bit saturated in summer but I have not found the sweat...
  5. MTBm8

XC 2013 Giant TranceX 29 0

Yeah I loved the look of it from day one. Not a great reason to choose a bike but after waiting for 27.5's to come out, seeing that they were not quite what I was after I managed to get one at a good price. The only changes I plan to make over time is tyres as NN's are not best for this area and...
  6. MTBm8

XT's?????

brown undies Yep must be XT's, they would be glad they didnt go Avid.
  7. MTBm8

XC 2013 Giant TranceX 29 0

Trance X 29er 0 Nice bike I am interested as to how you find the mods, especially tyre change. I got mine 3 weeks ago and loving it. I also did a quick video review of the stock bike and first ride http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKriIDvK5tA&feature=share&list=UUpVYj2pCOObmdKzkYJ_6KGA
  8. MTBm8

XT/Icetech pads...

Disco Brakes Having just worn out my finned Icetech pads I was looking for a reasonably priced alternative and I got a 4 pair pack of semi-metallic ones of these http://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=0&c=14&p=1583& for just over $30! I have used disco brake pads before and they are really good and...
  9. MTBm8

good brakes for around $200 (without rotors)

+1 for XT Shimano M785 I am on my second pair of XT M785's now and cant complain as they have been flawless.
  10. MTBm8

New Trek Fuel EX8 29er or Giant Trance X 0

Trance X 29er 0 Video I made a quick video of my Trance X 29er 0. It is more of a Trail bike than an AM bike but I found it really capable at speed and in the rough. I got a bit wild at the end of the video on the fire trail decent and used up all 120mm and barely noticed the forks bottom out...
  11. MTBm8

Thanks Thanks for the advice I will have to go back in and get a Giant Side Mount bottle cage!
  12. MTBm8

Trance X 29er 0 I just got a 2013 Trance X 29er 0 just last week. For an all round package it is pretty good. All Shimano XT groupset, tubeless ready rims, Fox CTD front with FIT and back a BV and a remote dropper post. I cant fault the specs on it. I was tempted by the Fuel EX 29ers but got...
  13. MTBm8

Khs 2013 xc-204

Sort of You get what you pay for and a dual suspension bike for under $1000 new is never going to be awesome but whatever gets you out on the trails and enjoying yourself is great. For this kind of money you might want to check the forum for 2nd hand as you can get some good bargains on here at...
  14. MTBm8

Is there a giant reign in 2014

Well said Yeah well said, I have ridden plenty of bikes but when I spend my own cash its on a Giant for sheer value for money and ride quality. I was looking to get a 2014 Reign but if the Trance is going to be 140mm and the components and geo looks like the business then I am on one. at...
  15. MTBm8

Giant 2014 Range!!!

2014 Trance pictures are out Check out http://mtbm8.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/2014-giant-trance-27-5650b-sneak-peak/ for picture of 3 Trance models for 2014.
  16. MTBm8

Giant 2014 Range!!!

Direct from Giant When I asked Giant about the launch of 650b dualies they that the launch of their 2014 Performance range will be in early August with stock arriving in Australia during August but did not mention exactly which models.
  17. MTBm8

KHS Sixffty 6500, anyone got one or ridden on?

The KHS Sixfifty 6500 is a 140mm 650b/27.5in bike with Revelation fork and Monarch shock and weighs a respectable 13.3kg and is only $1999 on Torpedo7 at the moment. I am keen to hear some real rider reviews as I cant find anything much online, which might be saying something but rather hear it...
  18. MTBm8

Best Multi Day Rides NSW

Thing about it Yeah I have been thinking about finding some time later in the year to give it a go. Yeah the gradient towards the highest peak looks like it is long and steep, I don't mind pushing if I have to. The Styx river down and up looks killer as well. I will let you know when I plan to...
  19. MTBm8

Best Multi Day Rides NSW

multiday rides I worked out this 236km all dirt trip from Bellingen to Bellangry which is behind Wauchope. Some good elevation gains and but firetrail rather than single trail.