Search results

1. fatkat

Call for 4wd modification law revision

Well I guess im into club 4x4.. not so much touring so yes a tourag or cayenne or rangie would get you most places in australia.. (maybe not rover park but thats different) Still does not justify why soccer mums need them in the city. This topic has gone so offcourse haha.
  2. fatkat

My argument wasnt that the new rangie wasnt capable, it is very capable, i was reading up on it in a magazine, and so is the new disco. BUT who the fuck is going to know how to fix it?
  3. fatkat

As previously mensioned by me, and others, those "yuppy" 4x4s ARENT 4x4s!!! they're just big, euro, things! Don't tell me that a cayenne, tourage (spelling) or a x5 or merc 4x4 can go anywhere a patrol or landcruiser can. Look on outerlimits 4x4.. notice noone has a new "yuppy" 4x4 for...
  4. fatkat

What Makes a Good Car a GREAT car?

a "Great" car? I'm into classics, something with 60's/70's euro styling with webbers :) (or even aussie/american muscle). Great would also have to be the exotics- my gfs dad has a f355 f1... that thing is simply amazing. The bmw's and mercs nowadays are sort of bland, dont you think? well...
  5. fatkat

First day of school!

Started Year 12 today.. One more year of this! Oh well, i have my automotive studies major work which is going to be mighty fun :D:D
  6. fatkat

All hail S. FYI i dont like mothers driving big 4wds, or any 4wd for that matter- i was almost run over by a small asian mother in her porsche cayenne S. Should be a "you must be this tall to drive" sign before they buy one.
  7. fatkat

I remember watching a mitsubishi 4wd video from the 80's. It described the 4wd as a recreational vehicle, allowing the driver to escape from the hussle and bussle of the city. Then the soccer mum discovered the 4wd and said WOW I FEEL POWERFUL! and from there 4wds have been given a bad name...
  8. fatkat

They already have pretty strict engineers rules. They already look at lift kits, as well as bullbar mounts, tank mounts, gearbox mounts, anything related to a lifted 4wd they will check over with a magnifying glass, if your 4wd is modified it NEEDS engineers. end of story. otherwise you arent...
  9. fatkat

They even SAID it was not the drivers fault, at all, the kid ran STRAIGHT out infront of the 4x4, not even a motorbike would have been able to stop in time. So WHY are they blaming the 4wd? seriously? raising a 4wd for the hell of it is pointless i agree. but banning them isnt going to...
  10. fatkat

I dont know if the media hyped it up or not, but i'm pretty sure the kid ran out infront of the 4wd, like as in less than a metre? as little kids do? btw passenger cars are designed to throw adults over the bonnet to reduce injury. a 4y/o is alot shorter than an adult. He would have gotten...
  11. fatkat

Just heard on the news (might be a bit slow), however, a small 4y/o kid ran out into traffic, and HAPPENED to get into the way of a modified 4wd. Now, the government is blaming modified 4wds for the accident?! WTF?! the kid ran out infront of the car, if it was a small car the exact same...
  12. fatkat

Lots Of Bees

"LIKE THIS GUY!" "hellooooooooooooooo" "what are you doing?" "Oh i just stole some of your sugar when you dozed off" hehe... The bees will find a way regardless if you plug that hole or not. They will buzz around untill they find another gap- its a real pain i know, not quite sure why...
  13. fatkat

Lots Of Bees

yep happens to me every year. forget trying to get rid of them. They will never go away. If this is the first time it has happened, it will recede each year. Now we only get about 100 each year come into our house from all the light fittings, and they die in about 2minutes anyway because they...
  14. fatkat

Random Destruction..... (non mtb - big pics)

wow that really narrows it down now doesnt it teehee
  15. fatkat

In MY Day...

I've got all of them. Even their base thingo! Man that cartoon was awesome. Ah i remember the days of cartoons.
  16. fatkat

4x4....

What about with a DOHC 1.6 EFI GTi motor? hehehehehe
  17. fatkat

4x4....

any more pics of that army green zuk? looks awesome! specs?
  18. fatkat

4x4....

Were you driving? Were you actually 4wding or just driving along a "rough" trail? Mud is fun. So are big ditches. Actually, anything that has poses the risk of getting stuck is fun.
  19. fatkat

4x4....

Didn't know there were this many fourby owners here. I'm looking at a 4runner for a first car (V6), and wont be standard very long. Was looking at a sierra but, driving to and from canberra in a sierra doesnt sound to fun to me. We should start a farkin 4x4 club, whatdya rekon? Anyone...
  20. fatkat

teenage depression

I agree with the parent thing. A couple of girls who used to be in my grade were kicked out of home because they had issues, ie, hanging around with the wrong crowd, doing drugs etc. The parents had no support and simply kicked them out. Its a problem (depression) which is everywhere.