Search results

1. fatkat

Call for 4wd modification law revision

Just heard on the news (might be a bit slow), however, a small 4y/o kid ran out into traffic, and HAPPENED to get into the way of a modified 4wd. Now, the government is blaming modified 4wds for the accident?! WTF?! the kid ran out infront of the car, if it was a small car the exact same...
  2. fatkat

Look, I can ride uphills as well!

Newest creation... Frame: '05 Jamis Dakar XLT Rear shock: '05 Fox float R Forks: '06 Fox float R 130mm Brakes: Avid Juicy 5 Wheelset: XT hubs laced to singletrack rims Tires: WTB Weirwolf Race Cassette: Sram PG-990 Chain: Sram PC-99 hollowpin Rear Derailleur: Sram X.9 Front...
  3. fatkat

Internal Headset -> Conventional Headset

Hey all- i have an internal headset which id prefer to convert to a conventional one, if this fix doesnt work out (WTB split races are incredibly crap). Anyone know where to get shims, or converter cups/whatever they're called? I've tried search but all i found was an unhelpful thread on...
  4. fatkat

Sic Stem and Easton Bars * SOLD *

Item: SIC LL stem (25.4 or 31.8 convertible clamp) 40mm (i think) Location: Sydney Item Condition: Perfect. Hardly used. Reason for selling: Thompson Price and price conditions: $80 Extra Info: This stem is bombproof! Convertible between 25.4 and 31.8 bar diameters with the two converter...
  5. fatkat

Sold!

Item: '05 Giant AC frame (medium) (6.6" or 5" travel) (stocko rear shock) and stance blunt fork Location: Sydney Item Condition: Pretty good, few scratches here and there, big scratch on one of the seatstays from transport (trailer) see pics. Fork needs rebuild, however never abused! Only...
  6. fatkat

Juicy problem

Well for some unknown reason, my rear juicy 5 decided to lock up on me. Its less than 6 months old, line has never been cut, was taken straight out of the box and put onto bike. Ridden maybe 5-10 times, then the bike sat for around 4 months... Now today when i went for a ride, I get to my...
  7. fatkat

working week 8hr series round 1!

Hey all, just back from the 8hour... twas just a bit soggy to say the least! course was awesome, then it just pelted down with rain and they cancelled it... braindead hill killed me, as i was crazy and rode a 2005 AC with 2.3 wire bead kendas... Who else went?
  8. fatkat

posting wheels

Hi all, i recently tried to post a wheel, and the post office quoted me $42!!!! im like WTF fark off! The box is basically like an envelope, and the post office measured it, then weighed it. People have been telling me that the postage for their wheels has only been ~$15... Does anyone have...
  9. fatkat

Hayes Sole hydros off 05 Giant AC*SOLD*

Item: Hayes Sole Hydro Brakeset Location: Sydney, Northshore Item Condition: Perfect never been used Reason for selling: Dont need Price and price conditions: $180 or offers... any offers.. Extra Info: They are like mechs but hydro. 6" rotors+ rear adaptor (front is direct post mount)...
  10. fatkat

2004 Judy XC forks *sold*

Item: 2004 Judy XC forks Location: Sydney- Northshore Item Condition: good Reason for selling: Dont need Price and price conditions: $100 Extra Info: rebuilt a few months ago, never installed on a bike since. 214mm steerer length Pictures:
  11. fatkat

Pocket Bikes!

Hey all, my mate just got himself a 70cc pocket bike.. with 4speed semi auto.. its crazy. BUT in the three days of ownership, its been back to the shop twice and spent the night in my garage twice because the shop is hopeless and i end up doing all the work on it anyway. Problems with the...
  12. fatkat

Alex DP20 rear wheel *SOLD*

Item: Alex DP20 rear wheel- M475 hub Location: Sydney- Northshore Item Condition: Brand new never riden on Reason for selling: Dont need Price and price conditions: $80 Extra Info:brand new! came stock on 05 giant AC. Would prefer local buyer. Can include XT skewers for extra. Pictures:
  13. fatkat

SPEEDING? WHAT THE FARK?!?!

http://users.on.net/~truckfins/ download both clips- i was on the floor crying! sorry if its a bit old.
  14. fatkat

SOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Item: Hayes Sole hydro Brakes (Pair) Location: Sydney, Northshore (gordon to be precise) Item Condition: Brand new- never been used- taken off new bike Reason for selling: Dont need- have better but still crappy hfx-9's Price and price conditions: Offers- i have no idea what these are...
  15. fatkat

2004.5 AC

Hey all.. well heres my new bike.. 04.5 AC.. its basically stock except for brakes, wheelset and cranks.. and seat. Stop laughing at my rear shock.. i can hear you from here. crappy pic i know...
  16. fatkat

front derailleur!

hey all- I'm looking for a front derailleur to suit a 05 Giant AC frame...(same as 04)... looking around the LX level and in good condition. its a top pull if that helps... but i don't know the tube diameter..... if someone could help out with some info or even better a derailleur it would be...
  17. fatkat

not an entire bike.. but still STOLEN!

Ok, my mates bike was locked up at school (Killara High), with about another 25 bikes for mtb at school. so what happens? some dickhead comes along and nicks his seatpost+seat!!! I mean, WTF?!?!?! who the fuck steals a seatpost and seat? seatpost was a EA50 and the seat was some random gell one...
  18. fatkat

ummm.....? paranoid?

http://www.relfe.com/electromagnetic.html ok reprograming the brain? this guy has to be desperate to make some money.
  19. fatkat

ebay bike

heres another one i came accross today http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58081&item=3688425414&rd=1 anyone heard of this brand before?
  20. fatkat

another ebay auction

ok sorry if this is a bit offtopic.. but its mtb related so yeh.. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27948&item=3685708621&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW does anyone else think this is a bit strange? and it looks a bit funny? read the description too...