Search results

1. A

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Old school XT 4-pots, sweeeet! How do they compare to the more modern brakes?
  2. A

Klein Attitude

Ahh I love all these bikes! Mine isn't a old one, post Trek, but it's from a time when I was getting into the sport so I couldn't resist it when it popped up..
  3. A

All Mountain Tyres

Cheers. All ordered woohoo
  4. A

All Mountain Tyres

I'm about to pick up the following but I'm a bit confused at all the terms with tyres these days. Maxxis Highroller 2 Tyre-3C EXO TR-Blk-27.5x2.3 This is for the front. I've read the 3c is a little heavier but nice and grippy so happy to take the small weight advantage. Maxxis Ardent...
  5. A

Serrata track bantry bay

Har a go this morning and did a few laps. It's pretty technical and I couldn't ride the whole thing (maybe that doesn't mean much!) but I would take a slow lap first as it can catch you off guard and it caught a couple of people out this morning in the short time I was there. Great little...
  6. A

Balmain / Rozelle group?

How about this sat am? I jog it a bit but would love to get shown a few sections of trail
  7. A

Official kentlyn thread

Are these trails worth the drive from the city? I drove to Mt Annan and while one lap was good that was about enough! This looks pretty close to there
  8. A

Manly Dam....... WTF???

I usually ride extended loop and there is no change there, just the fire road that goes down to the water and back up I guess? Anyway I am looking forward to the new sections over at Bantry Bay!
  9. A

What shock pump?

Looks like it will be the DXG. Will spend most of it's life in the tool box but might get thrown in the car for a few trips. Cheers all!
  10. A

Casual Sydney Rides

+1 here too..
  11. A

Manly Dam....... WTF???

That's a bit disappointing! I'll have a look tomorrow. It's was never a easy trail for a beginner but that's why I enjoyed it.
  12. A

What shock pump?

Hi guys, Need to get a shock pump and looking at the usual online suspects there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice! What are people using and what is recommended? I don't want to go over the top but I like the idea of nice tools that last well! Cheers
  13. A

Wylde MTB trail Western Sydney Parklands

Might have to give this place a go. I didn't mind Mt Annan but it wasn't really worth the drive. A bit too groomed. Maybe a few of us should get together out there?
  14. A

More bang for your buck

Where are you located and where do you think you will be ridding most?
  15. A

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

That's wicked! Like the old GTs
  16. A

What computer?

Picked up a basic 510 and am loving it. The touch screen while somewhat basic is easy to use and worth it over the 500. I then uploaded a couple of rides to Strava and found out just how un-fit I am ha. Lots of work to do! Cheers
  17. A

What computer?

Hi all, Looking at getting a new bike computer GPS and am looking at something along the lines of a Garmin 510 from 99 Bikes. I want to know if people think this is a good candidate? Do you think it is worth picking up the performance bundle? I am not interested in the heart rate monitor...
  18. A

Reviving an old bike!

That's not a old bike at all! I would drop it into a decent workshop and get them to give it a good going over, might set you back a couple of hundred but well worth it! Nick
  19. A

Casual Sydney Rides

Where is everybody riding this long weekend? I have done all these trails close to the city.. Manly Dam Ourimbah Yellowmundee Laka Para Glenbrook - Woodford But after these what is the next step? Happy to drive a little further with the long weekend but would like to keep to day trips...
  20. A

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Still have not been out there since the new section has been completed. Is it officially open yet?