Search results

1. Jimmy Mac

Flatties

My trusty set of Kona Jack-Shit flatties are pretty trashed, so I'm looking for a new set of pedals. I don't want to spend more than $120 if i can avoid it (the konas cost me $50 and lasted 4 yrs over 2 bikes and that's without any maintenance!) and i want plenty of grip (i.e. replaceable...
  2. Jimmy Mac

Full-Face Helmets

I am wanting to buy myself a full-facer as i recently stacked it and messed up my chin pretty bad. I am not a hardcore downhiller, i ride AM, so heavy duty protection isn't essential. I am after a helmet which is light and preferable with decent ventilation (if this exists in full-face...
  3. Jimmy Mac

CamelBack Mouthpiece

My CamelBack has developed a nasty looking black mould inside the soft rubber mouthpiece(bite-valve). I have tried boiling hot water and a cotton bud to remove it but with limited success. This is partly because of the tight space the mould is in. Any suggestions? I would also like to...
  4. Jimmy Mac

Yr 12 Farkiners

With 3 days left of school, i just thought i would wish all other Yr 12 Farkiners good luck with the HSC- which starts in just over 3 weeks. Anybody got anything decent planned for muck-up day (or good stories from previous years)? Our school has done their best to make sure we have minimal...
  5. Jimmy Mac

All Mountain Tyres

What tyres should I buy for my Brodie Cyclone? I ride lots of trails and singletrack. I also do some road riding and some DJ/Freeride (not much...) It seems to be quite hard to find a tyre that would suit my (wide range of) needs. I have been suggested Maxxis Minions or High Rollers, which...
  6. Jimmy Mac

All MTN Vs Freeride duallies..?

i have refined my search for a new ride down to two bikes: 2005 Mongoose Teocali Comp $1470 (on sale) OR 2006 Giant AC $1550 i like both bikes, but each has its problems- the Mongoose is lighter and possibly more suited to my riding (aggresive XC/trail and (very) light freeride) but its...
  7. Jimmy Mac

Bike $1000-$2000... Help Me!

I am looking for a new bike, i am upgrading from my 02 model Kona fire mountain. I can stretch my budget to $2000. I want a bike which can take a reasonable amount of abuse but also not too heavy. I want to be able to ride up the hill as well as down, i mainly ride trails but my style is...
  8. Jimmy Mac

Tyres for my kona

I ride an 02 model Kona hardtail and need to replace my old tioga terrafirma tyres. I ride a fair bit of fire-trails and street/road. I also do a bit of dirtjumping on the side. I need a hard wearing and reasonably priced tyre that will be a good mix for my riding. Any suggestion?advice?
  9. Jimmy Mac

bugger

i have just stacked- went over the bars at jj hills on monday, some of you might have seen me.... yeah im the guy who got carted off in the ambo......my hand and wrist were hanging at 90 degrees to my arm!!! anyway i was in hospital for 3 days, 2 nights, i got 6 stitches in my knee and 2...