Search results

1. T

VIC The Duael: Mt Macedon, April 1st, 2012

I'm hurtin. That was my first race in 6 years with no training on a SS 29 ht. That first section of pines was brutal in the end. Can't find a link to the results if some kind soul could please post it. E
  2. T

VIC 2012 Kona (Otway) Odyssey

Mate of mine Justin Mathews came in 59th at about 5:42min running 34-20 I think. E
  3. T

Gear Ratios for SS 29ers

34-20 for me. I don't care how slow I go when it gets fast. I care about how fast I go when it gets slow. E
  4. T

ENVE Composites and Monza Imports distribution partnership in Australia

Ok, this is straight out the material suppiled to me by Monza. Road G3 with Enve 45 or 65 clincher or tubular, Shimano or Campy RRP $2299.00 Matching front wheel with ceramic bearings (G3C) $1499.00 Due later in the year, I dont have a confirmed date sorry. E
  5. T

ENVE Composites and Monza Imports distribution partnership in Australia

Last night I went along to the Monza presentation of products to retailers and viewed both the Enve and Cyclops products. The quality of finish on the enve road and mtb products is outstanding. There are so many products not only in the cycle industry that seem to reach 90-95% of perfection and...
  6. T

29er Tyre Thread

S-Works Renegade and Controls Nice little surprise at the shop today. Opened up a delivery to find S-Works and Control Renegades that were on back order. Yee ha... All Specialized dealers should now have them. E
  7. T

Chinese Carbon 29er

The addition of frame quality and implied warranty should be extremely relevant to this topic and more so than most other topics here. One of the primary drivers to buying these types of product from China is, and has been made quite clear here, is price. The other is weight. And lets face...
  8. T

29er Suspension Fork Thread.

I got my QR15 Epicon's from the local distributor, their sample set. Was told they wont be doing much in the way of Suntour's higher end stuff which is a bit of shame. I like the Epicon. The Q-loc works great but is a bit heavy being stainless steel. They are plenty stiff enough for me but get...
  9. T

The Single Speed Thread

I have just built this Rockhopper, http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?198169-Post-your-29er!/page86 Half way down the page. Easy to build for less than $2.5k. Even easier if you have a few bits to start. I want mine under 10kg so a few bits are going and hence my price...
  10. T

Post your 29er!

Finished this off yesterday. 10.5kg. Velocity Blunt SL rims on XT hubs. Suntour Epicon fork 3T bar and stem. Fast trak LK control tyres that sealed up tubeless a treat. 34-20 at the moment but it feels a bit easy. will see how the mondy ride goes. E
  11. T

29er Tyre Thread

Out of interest, Just weighed a Specialized Fast trak control at 626grams. E
  12. T

Post your 29er!

XTR 952 with Boone Ti ring that goes straight onto the spider. E
  13. T

Post your 29er!

Rockhopper sl 29er SS New build starting to come together. Will be using new Velocity Blunt SL rims with Hope's. E
  14. T

Pay to Play

I have no doubt that this argument will go on till the cows come home. The question of who should pay should be put to bed and replaced with who is prepared to pay, whether by donation or contribution of some sort. Trying to make everyone pay is doomed to failure. I can't get out and do...
  15. T

Specialized Renegades - any stock anywhere?

I hope my stock sheet is wrong, but we have these listed as not due till July. Get 'em if you see 'em or get some controls in the interim. E
  16. T

Best entry level MTB for kids?

Hi Danny, What ever you do get a bike with an 8 speed or higher rear end. 7 speed is not upgradeable to 8, 9 or 10 speed. The Hardrock has Avid BB5 brakes and Fast Trak LK tyres so some decent bit there. If your here your probably a racer so he is probably going to want to do the same. He...
  17. T

The Single Speed Thread

I am so glad you said that. Please give that bike some love, or at maybe just hose down. E
  18. T

1 x 9 setups

Where I ride I have more short sharp climbs and find myself on the edge of wheel spin anyway. The longest climb is only about 2km that I don't use the lowest gear for. The one thing you loose on a 1x9 or 1x10 is range. The 36t rear opens this up. E
  19. T

1 x 9 setups

Further to that. Cheapest cost using Sram for 1x10 off Manufactures RRP. X7 -Rear mech $119.95 -Shifter $59.95 -Cassette pg1050 $89.95 -Chain pc1050 $59.95 Total $329.80 Most expensive using XX -Rear mech $359.95 -Shifter $199.95 -Cassette $399.95 -Chain $99.95 Total...