Search results

1. J

back on RB after a lengthy absence

Hi RB, I've been a member for a while but only just returned to Melbourne after several years back home in NZ. I'm currently nursing a broken wrist after a commuting stack but can't wait to get back onto the trails when that sorts itself out. I'm keen to hear how trails have developed around...
  2. J

hiring xc/trail dual sus

Hi guys, My brother is coming over from kiwi land for a week and I'm keen to get him out riding but he can't bring his steed over. Is there anywhere you can hire a decent 4-5" xc/trail dual suser around melbourne? If not a dually, where can I get a decent hard tail? I don't want to take him...
  3. J

tools for removing adjustable BB

Hi there, I need to whip an adjustable BB off an old frame I have hanging in the garage but I don't have the tools for it. Wondering if I might be able to meet up with someone who has these tools so I can remove it. I'm in the Elsternwick area. Cheers guys.
  4. J

levers for dual pivot brakes

Hi guys, I want to put riser bars on a commuter project and wonder if I will need to replace the aero levers with something more "MTB" orientated? If so, what sort of levers can I use? I believe the ubiquitous V brake levers won't work due to mismatched mechanical advantage ratios (true?)...