Search results

1. jbg

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

You got some work there 0psi. Are you doing a resto on it? What’s the story behind that? One of Sharples’ old bikes
  2. jbg

Quadra 10’s were up to 95 no external adjustment, quadra 5’s were 96 and had compression adjustment dials
  3. jbg

That diamondback will clean up nice! Quadra 10’s still got bounce? Remember ogling over dbr’s at my lbs bitd
  4. jbg

Thanks guys. This is number 006 and was a 95/96 team bike. They then had a a full red version for the 96 season which Toby Henderson rode with prototype boxxers. I know the team sold their red frames to some Aussies after the Cairns world champs and there were a few available to the public. For...
  5. jbg

Good time to get some old bikes out. 96 Ironhorse THS-1 Made by Foes. Kuster rear shock, Judy DH, XTR m910 & m950, bullet bros chain roller. 6 inch rear travel, 3 up front
  6. jbg

Yeah you don’t see too many of them about
  7. jbg

2019 World Cup discussion.

Good weekend for Tracey fastest qualifying and 3rd. The 29 front 27.5 rear looks to be the “thing” this season
  8. jbg

Hi all, got a heap of old gear on eBay if anyone is interested? Happy to post anywhere. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/173882982985 Might be something there of interest Cheers Jake
  9. jbg

Xt 8000 lever to ultegra flat mount caliper?

Awesome thanks for the info duckmeister! Makes the braking change easy. Got sram 11 speed so sounds like I’ll need a road flat bar shifter. Cheers!
  10. jbg

Xt 8000 lever to ultegra flat mount caliper?

hi, looking to run a flat bar on my cx / commuter bike Just want to ask if anyone can help, can you run mtb xt m8000 levers with Shimano flat mount (road) calipers? Is there a difference in Shimano road & mtb calipers? Also have a Sram rival rear derailleur can I use a mtb shifter? Cheers
  11. jbg

Anyone have some recommendations for shock repairs in oz that would be able to work on old rockshox and fox rear shocks? I have used james at Fixmyshox but he’s moved on to new endeavours. Cheers Jake
  12. jbg

2018 World Cup discussion

Looking forward to this, Expecting to see the new V10 and Demo any day now
  13. jbg

A few new bikes at the nats this weekend, New boxxers look good Connor on a 29er
  14. jbg

Yea just saw a pic of the UR team in Spain, Trace on the worlds bike
  15. jbg

The aos might have been unsuitable for a DH bike since the GT team removed it from the Fury for the last season or so. Cool to see GT move on form the idrive and bring out something that looks competitive. Be interested in seeing what the Hannah’s are on as they had that new polygon at the...
  16. jbg

Well thankfully this happened https://www.pinkbike.com/news/gt-fury-prototype-wyn-masters-2018-downhill-bike-first-look.html Be interesting to see who else comes out with a new bike for 2018
  17. jbg

Yea seems like a good mix with juniors, fast elites Mike & Laurie and the “vet” Macdonald. Brook seems pretty stoked with being on the Mondraker again, got the vibe the team weren’t really happy with the GT prototype they were on last year.
  18. jbg

Brook and mike Jones on Mondraker with Greenland. Looks like a good team with a few young guns like Pat Butler https://m.pinkbike.com/news/ms-mondraker-team-announces-2018-riders.html
  19. jbg

Brannigan on GT Didn’t see that coming. Hopefully they sort a dh bike for him
  20. jbg

He also said Danny will have more fun on this team? Syndicate? Don’t hear too much about Saracen being a fun team, maybe some others joining a new Saracen team.......