Search results

1. M

2010 ACT Schools Mountain Bike Champs - XC

Thanks Russ. Very thorough (as usual)! :)
  2. M

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

I was pretty sure I had to fill in Australia for "country representing" when I registered in the first place. Having to update it seems a bit odd - not many of us will have changed our citizenship in the last few weeks! Same with race category. No change required, so why is there any action...
  3. M

Sid Race fork set up

Thanks Gav, I'll give that a try. :)
  4. M

enduro carb consumption

Wouldn't mind trying some of these hospital-grade type drinks that are like complete foods. Have heard about Ensure Plus and Fortisips etc but where can you buy them cheaply?
  5. M

Sid Race fork set up

Glad you mentioned this problem, Pistonbroke. I have the same issue with all my kids bikes. My daughters all have SID forks (yes, they are v lucky) and they all ride low in the stroke. They all look like they are 10-15mm compressed when nobody is even sitting on the bike. They are set up...
  6. M

Turn for the worse? Ummm...we have a good 86 pages here... on our favourite topic too! Looks pretty social to me. :D
  7. M

Australia, what are you talking about? Much as double dissolution is fun, Skyline is the most emotionally refreshing bit of track on the mountain, especially at night looking out at the lights of Canberra - I'd be upset if it wasn't in there. And as for it eating tubes, just go tubeless!
  8. M

Shack Attack 6hour at Coondoo

Yep, a well run event from Duncan Miller at DIYMTB and the Bike Shack crew. Track was in top condition and that new bit sure got bedded in during the race. For $40, I was well and truly stuffed by the end. :) Makes me wonder why other event organisers need to charge two or three times that...
  9. M

No, I think if you choose to set up your pit so you are next to mates, you will be given the position in pit row of the lowest ranked among you. You will still have your same place on the starting line.
  10. M

Russ, is there any kind of stove you can cook with in your 3 x 3 area? I'm thinking 400+ people cooking in the solo pit kitchen and then carrying hot liquids/foods back and forth to 400 different tents is more of a logistical nightmare/possible safety hazard than people each cooking in their...
  11. M

How much do they want for jousting sticks? :)
  12. M

What he said. Doesn't matter. Changing track in the middle of the night when you are tired? Think I'd rather stay on the same track I'm used to and stay on autopilot. But if they change it, whatevs... I'm sure that would be fine too. I'd also say that if you are worried about getting...
  13. M

Aussie Jerseys etc for the 24hr World Champs?

Agree with others that the national jersey should only be worn by those who have earned them. Otherwise, you are taking away from the achievements of not just Jess and Jason, but also all our XC, marathon, 4X, and downhill national champions as well. Yes, we are representing Australia but if...
  14. M

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

I bought a photo from Brent Kapperly's website. He has a fair few on there at $6 each. http://www.bkaptured.com/pages/photography/people-and-places/solo-24-hour-mtb.php And Russ has a heap of good shots on his link a few pages back.
  15. M

The Worlds website says there is a cap of 300 solo riders. Is that true? If so, 16km for 300 riders would be a similar density to the nationals which was 9k for, what, about 180 riders? which would be good. I think you wouldn't want it any denser than that so 16kms sounds pretty good to me...
  16. M

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

I agree it was far more reasonable than could have been expected. Thought it would be harder and was almost disappointed to find I was completely fine afterwards. In fact the track was so much fun i enjoyed every lap. A great race. Friendly, small, personal, and relaxed (at least from my...
  17. M

n.s.w cross country state series

Well done you guys for showing an interest in taking this on. I have really enjoyed the state series the last couple of years and I reckon its a great stepping stone between club rounds and national races, especially for juniors. It is also potentially a great way of NSW riders getting to know...
  18. M

Nationals Round 4, Mt. Stromlo March 13-14

U19 men was Mitchell Codner, then Cameron Ivory, Trenton Day, Kyle Ward. U17 women was Zoe Binder, then Karuna Henderson, Kyna Milan, Katrina Rose, Ella Scanlon-Bloor. Master men I can't remember, sorry.
  19. M

National Series, Round 3 Thredbo

Thanks for all the great photos Russ. Uploaded so quickly too. Forgot my camera so I was stoked you got some good shots! Thanks :)
  20. M

Specialized 2008 Brains

I have a 2008 S Works Epic bought 2nd hand that felt OK on big bumps but made a horrible rattley noise on small bumps. I didn't know if that was what it was supposed to feel like, this being my first dually. Got it serviced at diymtb.com.au and now it feels awesome - smooth and plush and...