Search results

1. H

sydneysiders: old great north rd ride planned 14th August

seems there is no love on the watering hole section :( i think all of 'em are into catchin' lift up hills and bombin' down for a few kays.... not my thing.... riding uphills makes the downhills more satisfying anyway, anyone in sydney interested to join me on a 30kay ride in wisemans...
  2. H

Epic ride - Sat 14/8 Old Great North Rd

this one is for the crusties i am definitely going regardless come along for the ride if you like
  3. H

Oakes Fire Trail Saturday 5/6/04

I'm gonna do Oakes Fire Trail on the 5/6/04.... welcome to come Meet @ Woodford Station around 10:30am
  4. H

my tyres suck... need suggestions

hutchinson scorpions came with my bike.... they suck.... give me some suggestions please i usually commute at least 1x a week, so i want a reasonably light and fast tyre but something that has reasonable grip for sydney conditions\ off road, i generally do epic XC rides... no racing, no...
  5. H

Manitou Swinger losing air?

Just wanted to know if anyone else loses air gradually on their air shocks? Are you suppose to keep checking your rear shock every 2 weeks? It seems 2 b the case on my new VT...... or maybe it is faulty :?:
  6. H

chain suck on FS

i took my VT3 for its first run at manly dam... the chain got stuck 3x is this common with FS bikes?
  7. H

WOW, finally a solution to carrying a bike by car

i have looked at so many options to carry my VT3 on my '02Golf after considering roof racks & towbars..... and i am not keen on scratching/dirting the interior of my car i found that the thule clip on rack is AMAZING.... so SECURE! and easy to fit... fits like a glove and you can...
  8. H

Manitou Swinger shock

i just got my new VT3 and was having some probs pumping up the shock there are 2 valves, one @ the top and one @ the bottom.... i was initially told that it was for the negative and positive pressure BUT, checking out forum, the top one appears to be for SPV and the bottom for the sag...
  9. H

can any1 show me manly dam on 22/5/04....

i wanna ride manly dam manage to gather about 8 ppl to come we're not hardcore or anything.... all pretty tame bunch, friendly anyone know this ride well & is free to be our tour guide? :wink:
  10. H

pls help, deciding between 2 bikes

Ok after heaps of research (by my standards) my choices have come down to these.... also the other issue is that there seems to be limited stock of mid range dual suspension bikes avaliable My requirements are that essentially it needs to have SPV or Propedal because I will be using it for a...
  11. H

kona kikapu

Hey. after months of research, i wanna get a kona kipaku.... www.konaworld.com any comments before i dive into it it is just good $$ for money i was tossing up between the Giant VT3 and GT idrive 3.0 the GT was somewhat poorly made and heavy.... plus i was a bit worried about the...
  12. H

newbie fr syd... new bike help

hiya all, wow, what a weird url for a mtb forum!.... only found out after a referral from the mtbreview.com forums anyway, i am trying to get back into mtbing... i used to ride heaps 5-8yrs ago when my mates were in sydney.... i own a 97 apollo himalaya which has a 7005 frame and...