Search results

1. P

32 H/36 H rims - Much difference?

i suspect you're not thinking hard enough to give good advice...
  2. P

Vintage Speedster - build thread - Frame returns from PC

mmm. degreaser will definitely add some complexity of flavor to your breaky.
  3. P

Looking for a downhill bike that can pedal

lol according to this thread, every downhill bike pedals like a xc bike. awesome!
  4. P

Worlds Ugliest Bike

cringeworthy.
  5. P

WTB Front Xt 4 pot caliper br-m755

Item: XT 4 pot m755 Front caliper Location: Perth Price range/Willing to Pay: $70 with postage for one in good functional/cosmetic condition Extra Info:willing to pay a bit more if its got an I.S. +20mm adaptor with it.
  6. P

Carbon + sun

if they've used a polyester resin then it'll yellow and go brittle. if it's an epoxy it should be ok. i think. i wouldn't leave it in the sun either way.
  7. P

Aluminium Helmet anyone?

i think i'm in love. if i had access to a macine like that i think i'd remake everything i own in billet Al
  8. P

Who rides in Boots?

sounds like a right douche.
  9. P

Acera/Altus

deore is nine speed, a 7 or 8 speed chain may be too wide for the cage on it.
  10. P

Code 5s HELP?!? - Page 4

well if you set it on fire, you're going to remove the oily residue which is why you did that right? only if it burnt incompletely would it go black... hydrocarbons + oxidation = CO2 + H2O
  11. P

2008 mongoose ECD

almost all of which are written by people who just bought whatever it is they're reviewing and are thus biased toward whatever the product is to justify their purchase.
  12. P

M755 XT four pots hose? aka help a farker out

^yeah, i think you're both right setonz and tripper, thanks. i think the current hose will work if i get a banjo bolt for it and cut the current direct fitting off. no idea where to get one in perth though... tried a couple of shops and they're all full of road bikes. recomendations for a good...
  13. P

Code 5s HELP?!? - Page 4

meths leaves an oily residue which is exactly what you dont want on brakes. still sounds like you need to bleed them properly to me.
  14. P

M755 XT four pots hose? aka help a farker out

hey all, i'm trying to fit this lever: which is off a cheapy shimano hydraulic M485 set to this XT four spot caliper problem is the hose of the M485 s has a larger fitting than the XT caliper can take. it seems to me if i get a new hose that'll fit the caliper then it probably...
  15. P

Price whinge - Trek bikes.

it's the other end of the market but i bought an ex 5.5 recently and it was over a thousand dollars cheaper than the equivalent giant... the giant was a bit nicer but still... the market is just weird at the moment as importers are adjsting to the new value of the dollar.
  16. P

Ultimate brakes of all time.

you have to get the brembos i reckon. they'll always be a bit special, and brembo aren't just the car brake gods, they make the best motorbike brakes too. that kinda pedigree and bank of knowledge has to count for something.
  17. P

Will a 8sp derailleur work with a 9sp cassette

wont the nine speed chain be narrower, thus not go onto the jockey wheels properly? or maybe it's not that much narrower?
  18. P

rawing bars?

oven cleaner gets anodizing off but it makes a freaking nasty mess of the aluminium. on dimpled/rough finishes like you tend to find on bars it's going to be difficult to get an even finish afterwards, the peaks are going to be shinny and the valleys a nasty dirty gray
  19. P

stripping and polishing 6000 series alloy frame

i polished the swing arm on my motor bike about five years ago and it's still almost as shinny today. it'll tarnish a little as it ages but only very minor and it won't corrode either way. if you clear cote or colorless annodise it'll dull the polish quite a bit. best bet i reckon is to just...
  20. P

What to get (between $700 - $1000)?

i reckon go for the bike that appeals to you most, i wouldn't go for an awesome frame with crap components or a crap frame with awesome components because it all effects the ride quality. at the end of the day the bike that you like best - appeals the most to you emotionally - is the one that's...