Search results

1. cammas

Merry Easter to one and to all!

2. cammas

FOUND 29er Front wheel Sandy Creek car park Yoiuies

Mate found a 29er front wheel he finished riding on 03/02, sorry not yours @$h0rty Tried the Ranger but was not in and will drop it there next Saturday if the owner isn’t found earlier. PM me if you or a friend has misplaced their wheel and I will get you in contact with my mate. What: 29er...
  3. cammas

E-biking, lower heart rate & zone 2 questions

As some of you may have seen I am starting to sell off my bikes due to health reasons, I suffer from a few different issues and injuries basically while I maybe fit (even got some doctors tests to prove it) I do suffer from chronic pain with some breathing issues which I am still getting tested...
  4. cammas

VIC Sold ): Salsa El Mariachi medium steel frame

Item: Salsa El Mariachi Location: Bacchus Marsh Item Condition: good Reason for selling: health Price and price conditions: $2600 Extra Info: Not the usual style of bikes sold on here but if anyone knows anyone who maybe interested just reach out, below is a complete blurb on the bike I built...
  5. cammas

Found

Item: After some cheap 29er boost wheels, nothing fancy, Shimano HG driver preferred but XD driver will work, straight, roundand true would be nice. Location: Victoria Price range/Willing to Pay: probably go $200 Extra Info: Only after them to sell one of my bikes as the Hope set up on there...
  6. cammas

What made you decide to e-bike?

Not looking to open a can of worms or start a shit fight but what made you decide to get one? I have been fighting health issues the last 4 years and currently sitting in the doctors surgery whilst I type this and was wondering what some other peoples experience has been. Is there anyone else...
  7. cammas

VIC Found -> 29 Fork 100-120mm tapered 15mm axle non-boost

Item: 29er Fork 100-120mm tapered steerer 15mm axle non-boost Location: Victoria so I can view it Price range/Willing to Pay: Don’t know around $300 may spend more possibly Extra Info: Looking for a Fox, RS or Manitou needs to have minimum 170mm of steerer, would like a Sid or similar. Not...
  8. cammas

E-Bike world tour

Have any of you ebikers watched or seen this race series? I think this is great format and you have to be strategic about the use of your batteries etc and you know the trails are steep when they have push the bikes up sometimes. Maybe I’ve been living under rock ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but I thought I’d...
  9. cammas

VIC Found Hope Rockshox torque caps for Boost

Item: Still looking for the Hope Torque caps for Rockshox forks Location: Victoria but you can post them Price range/Willing to Pay: $35 or swap for my standard ones. Extra Info: it’s for a boost hub if that makes a difference just a nice to have, as it’s a pain putting in the wheel on at the...
  10. cammas

VIC Found - Pivot 429 or SC Tallboy

Item: Chasing a frame only or frame & 120mm fork of either a Pivot 429 or Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon with boost spacing in a medium size or suit someone 173cm in stature Location: Victoria unless your willing to post Price range/Willing to Pay: Not sure $1500 or so, depending on condition...
  11. cammas

Anyone missing an Anthem?

Someone trying to sell what they are calling a Trance Advance which is clearly an alloy anthem https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/armadale/men-s-bicycles/giant-trance-advanced-carbon-mtb/1292204546
  12. cammas

XC Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

After @Ben-e posted his very nice Surly bike a while ago I said I should post mine, so here it is finally. It’s not gonna be everyone’s cup of tea but then again I didn’t build it for anyone else, I built it for me. Also it’s a bit of read The original build took about 10 months as I was in no...
  13. cammas

VIC Geelong 3hr night race @ the Youies

If anyone is interested in this it’s always a fun one, when I raced I always did it and it’s flat out from start to finish no hills to coast down just pedaling, good way to check your fitness :p I https://gmbc.com.au/events/gmbc-no-frills-summer-series-race-3/
  14. cammas

VIC found WTB: SRAM Guide RS reach adjuster, bent/broken lever or just the pin

WTB: SRAM Guide reach adjuster, if you have a broken or bent lever, as I just need lower piece with the pin but will take the whole lever if needed, somehow the pin section has snapped off. Location: Western suburbs Melbourne unless your willing to post it Price: cheaper the better, I don’t...
  15. cammas

Sizing vs reach

Not looking to open a can of worms here but here it goes. So I’m looking to go back to a dual suspension as my current and only ride is a rigid steel hard tail so old school geometry, my last dual suspension was a medium 2018 Giant Anthem 29er. I am now looking for more of trail bike a 29er...
  16. cammas

Rider kicked off bike so they could steal it

I guess we now need to watch out for this when out riding, if this is starting to happen. A guy I worked with was from Brazil and he said they would jump out of the bushes with a knife or a gun and ask for your bike, not like you can refuse especially if you are out in the jungle but didn’t...
  17. cammas

costochondritis, fibromyalgia and riding

Not one to usually one to share my personal stuff online but here it goes. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a couple of years ago and seems to be under control, I do have my bad days, more recently I’ve been having issues with costochondritis. They say it’s from where I snapped my sternum...
  18. cammas

VIC WTB - SC Tallboy alloy or carbon V1 or V2

Item: Santa Cruz Tallboy frame not Boost and 120mm fork 15x100mm if you have one Location: Victoria unless you want to post it Willing to Pay: let’s discuss depending if it’s alloy or carbon Extra Info: just after a frame so I can transfer some of my hardtail parts over, alloy is preferable...
  19. cammas

Very suspicious Trance in Melbourne

Anyone missing a trance in Melbourne he looks like a mountain biker :rolleyes: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/427275778407940/
  20. cammas

Found WTB Hope hub or will now consider a whole wheel or wheelset

Item: Hope hub 32 hole with XD driver & 135 QR. Location: Victoria within 50 or so K’s of 3340 unless you’re willing post. Price: $150 - $180 or willing to swap for Chris King shimano 135mm that it’s replacing, as I’m building a new wheel after cracking the rim and deciding to go a different...