Search results

1. K

Giant XTC Carbon 2012- 29er

The latest AMB mag (got mine in the post yesterday, so might not be in newsagents yet) has a shoot out between the Giant, Scott and Trek carbon 29er hardtails. The Giant won on points. Its a pretty comprehensive review of each of the three bikes and talk about each bikes strengths in different...
  2. K

Kanangra Classic Enduro - October 16th - Mountain Sports

Results are up on their website. http://www.mountainsports.com.au/ms_cms/kanangraclassic/results/
  3. K

2011 MTB world champs on SBS 2 Thursday 8th!

Just saw this thread - good timing:)
  4. K

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

Hey, I'm Kristian, How old are you? 36 What state do you live? NSW How long have you been riding? Since I was about 5 or 6. But bought first proper bike in 2001, a Trek 6500. Whats styles of riding do you do? XC, road. How often do you ride? Weekly. Tell us about your bike/s? 09' Giant...
  5. K

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

Go Cadel!! and well done Richie Porte, faster time than Cancellara:)
  6. K

Riding on Warfarin

I usually take 8mg, this keeps me within the 2-3 INR range. I find even watching my diet and vitamin K intake, it can still fluctuate. INR seems to be effected my more than diet, I find activity levels, alcohol consumption and dehydration also play a part. These days I don't tend to watch my...
  7. K

Riding on Warfarin

Before I started on Warfarin I took part in a clinical trial of a blood thinner - Rivaroxaban. The good thing about it was that you just take one tablet a day (20mg from memory) and didn't need regular blood tests. Negatives are that the drugs effects are not reversible unlike Warfarin (from my...
  8. K

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Going Naked This is from today's SMH http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/about-town/naked-flavours-and-cupping-20110611-1fxm4.html
  9. K

Riding on Warfarin

Warfarin and riding Hi, I had a Pulmonary Embolism at the Mont in 2009, probably caused by a DVT. Subsequently I am now on Warfarin for life (2-3 range INR). I was off the bike for about a year and I don't think I will compete in shortcourse XC races again. I have done a couple of 50k races...