Search results

1. B

[NSW] SS Banshee Scirocco

Bike: Banshee Scirocco Single Speed Colour: Blue/Grey Date it was stolen: Between Sunday 30 Dec and Wednesday 2nd Jan Where it was stolen: Locked unground garage in Crows Nest. Specs: Banshee Scirocco Frame Holzfeller OCT cranks Fox Float 36 Fork Fizik Freek saddle (white) Juicy 3...
  2. B

The Photo Snob Thread

For my money, anywhere you can take something like a G12 you could probably just take your 7D. I don't think they're far away enough from each other to warrant dragging both around. I'd go for a ruggedised P&S like an Olympus Stylus or a Panasonic Lumix. Small enough to fit in your boardies...
  3. B

The Photo Snob Thread

Buy it. It's a good drive in a shitty cheap enclosure. When the USB controller in the enclosure dies just transplant the hard drive into a new enclosure which will cost you under $15.
  4. B

another saturday at castle cove

Shutter speed is controlled by the shutter speed setting. In the same way as ISO is controlled by the ISO setting and aperture is controlled by the aperture setting. All of these settings are controlled by you. Sure you can ask the camera to do it for you, but you're holding yourself back by...
  5. B

The Photo Snob Thread

Buy this and chuck it on your 18-55 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/58mm-0-45X-High-Definition-Wide-Angle-Converter-Lens-/300460384150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item45f4d59f96#ht_2505wt_989 They're made out of plastic and they're pretty soft, but they're 37 freaking dollars. It will give you a...
  6. B

Knife Block Sets

Have a crack at forcing yourself to use the cooks knife for your veggies for a week or two. Once you get the hang of using different parts of the blade for different jobs you'll find yourself faster and cleaner than using the little knife. Less time doing boring prep is a good thing, leaves more...
  7. B

hdmi cables

Digital - Doesn't matter at all. Get the cheapest thing you can that won't actually fall apart. Analog - Matters a little bit, but don't spend $200 unless you have a neckbeard.
  8. B

Knife Block Sets

Swing and a miss. What on earth are you doing with all the other knives that you can't do with two?
  9. B

Knife Block Sets

I went from a Wusthof to a Global and was a bit thrown by the lighter weight at first, but over the last few years have really grown to like it. I agree that you don't need the whole set by any stretch, but I actually got mine on sale cheaper than I could get the two knives I actually wanted...
  10. B

Tips for mounting downhill bikes in short tray utes?

This is my strategy, too. I get five bikes in the back of a dual cab Hilux with the tailgate up, just need to jack up the saddles on the bikes that have the front wheel facing fowards so the rear wheel gets over the tailgate.
  11. B

DSLR's

Remember though that there's no point getting a card that's faster than your camera. Ultra is worth it, Extreme is a waste of money unless you're desperate to be able to download them to your computer a bit faster. On the one vs many debate, I reckon an accident is less likely to happen to a...
  12. B

Girls on mens bikes

The main reason womens bikes were different from mens back in the day is that they rode in giant skirts. That's less of an issue these days. That said, women do have slightly different proportions to men. They tend to be longer in the leg with shorter torsos. You should be able to find a...
  13. B

Not so standard jump bikes...

Go somewhere other than Anaconda?
  14. B

Hd-dh

Great first effort, nice editing. The suggestion I'd make is to ease up on the zooms, especially the "arty" ones where you zoom into the background when the rider's left the frame. They can have their place but they get really cheesy really fast. Less is usually more, and just because you can...
  15. B

24inch wheel singlespeed

Do that. It'll do the job so long as the rings aren't completely shot, especially for the amount of torque put out by an 11 year old girl. At the end of the day it's a bike you pulled off the side of the road. Don't go throwing big dollars at it.
  16. B

Five ten stealth rubber grips, pedals, tires.

The cheapest shipping option they have to Australia is US$92.69. What a joke! edit - These guys sell it locally for $40 and charge $5 for basic shipping. http://www.cliffhanger.com.au/product/climbing-shoes/five-ten-stealth-paint-kit.php
  17. B

Front sprockets for single speed conversion?

Heaps around. Surly springs to mind. I just ordered some gear from this guy since it looks pretty rad and it's well priced. http://www.homebrewedcomponents.com/store.php
  18. B

The Single Speed Thread

I've been using this setup for a while now. Haven't had any issues with it. It's a singlespeed roadie behind it. That white one is my girlfriend's, but behind that is my old model SE Lager from when the parts were half decent. I rode it fixed for a few weeks but got bored having to go so slow...
  19. B

The Single Speed Thread

I'm finally happy with my tensioner setup. It's a Blackspire Stinger. Fairly cheap, maintenance free once set up and dead simple means less to go wrong. Stuff sprung tensioners. Kindly ignore the blue chain. It's only on there because I couldn't be arsed cleaning my normal chain the other...
  20. B

new work/riding car sugestions 20k~30k

The new 2010 Liberty has an extra gear and the option of diesel which will help. That said, diesel dual cab 4x4 ute. You don't care about resale or long term reliability, so avoid Hilux to keep the budget down. Colorado, Navara, or one of those Great Wall things if the boss cries poor.