Search results

1. DH'er_28

Airtime on Stromlo's vapour trail

Thanks, the frame has a pretty cool story - it was a one-off M3 from the 2005 World Cup team, so it has a couple of quirks compared to the factory model. It started its life racing burly tracks overseas and I just feel like that’s what it was born to do, I basically can’t bring myself to...
  2. DH'er_28

I can totally relate - it used to be a trail I would always avoid for those exact reasons. However, a couple of years ago they embarked on a massive project to rebuild the existing top section and extend the trail all the way to the road gap (near the bottom of the hill). When they did this...
  3. DH'er_28

It's been a couple of years now since the full extension of Vapour Trail opened but I finally got around to making a quick edit - just in case there's anyone out there that still needs convincing to come down and check it out ;) And yes, I still ride a 15 year old Intense M3.
  4. DH'er_28

2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

I'll throw in a few speculations! Canyon are reportedly launching a big bucks factory team next year with Fabian Barel as team manager, they'll surely be looking for a top rider... either Troy or Loris Vergier come to mind (even both if they could afford it?). Looks pretty likely that Luca...
  5. DH'er_28

2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Good call, he pulled out a 10th! Can't help feeling a bit gutted for Troy, he got dealt a bit poorly with the weather in the end... but was great to see Connor finish on the podium and hold onto his 5th place overall in the series. After getting 3rd at Val di Sole last year with a crash, lets...
  6. DH'er_28

2015 Team Rumours/Changes

It's great that Norco are still supporting them. I was worried that the formation of the new Norco Factory World Cup team would lead to Norco cutting their ties with Bryn and Jill, so its awesome to see that they'll still be running their own program.
  7. DH'er_28

Damn. I'm sure Neko will keep ripping on Scott but I was hoping to see Brendog and Needles on the same team, they'd fit so well together.
  8. DH'er_28

Looks like we'll hear who's on Scott soon, names being tossed around a lot include Mulally and Needles? Tyler Morland does claim he's American...
  9. DH'er_28

Redbull Rampage

I agree, if they get an invite out there then they should all have an equal chance for the glory. It's still an awesome event though and I know I'm just nitpicking on the details. In other news, heavy rain has washed out Saturday and it appears that no riding has happened. At the moment...
  10. DH'er_28

Redbull Rampage

There's a chance Aggy may not even get to ride in the finals! He wasn't one of the 10 prequalified riders and he crashed on his first qualifying run, missing the cut by a few places... before second runs could be completed the weather turned to shit and they've had to postpone them till...
  11. DH'er_28

Redbull Rampage

You guys seen McGazza's gnarly 100ft overshoot? Looks like his bike took a bit of the impact for him, check out those taco's for wheels haha Wonder what he's got in store for us over the canyon gap this year :shocked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_251KfdP8
  12. DH'er_28

Redbull Rampage

Check out this slideshow on Vital, some crazy moves being planned by the likes of Zink, Brendog, Paul Bas and KC Deane, just to mention a few! http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/HOW-BIG-12-of-the-Biggest-Red-Bull-Rampage-Drops-and-Gaps-Measured,8175/Slideshow,0/bturman,109
  13. DH'er_28

WC round 7 Meribel, FRA

Track looks so good, could see someone smash it apart like the days of 2005 - 2007 where Sam Hill put 4 seconds plus into the field on tracks like this. Here's the current overall standings: 1 BRYCELAND Josh GBR 1007 2 BROSNAN Troy AUS 964 3 GWIN Aaron USA 925 4 HILL Samuel...
  14. DH'er_28

Mountain biking skills and tips - feedback appreciated

Great to hear it actually helped someone out! :)
  15. DH'er_28

Cheers mate, plenty of good advice in there and things for me to work on. I do have fundamentals, it was actually my inspiration for the skills videos! Haven't watched it in a while though, like you said, would be good to cross check with it. It is a uni assignment and thanks for all the...
  16. DH'er_28

Cheers for all the feedback pink poodle, its all helpful! I definitely am guilty of leaving some occasional errors even after proof-reading - often when I come back and read it the next day its easier to pick up on these. And superfluous wording is another problem of mine. I agree with the...
  17. DH'er_28

Thanks for the feedback guys, bit of a rookie error there with the chain lube bottle being upside down (oops!) Also thanks for the correction on the chain lube application, looks like I've been unnecessarily wasting the stuff! Any other advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm just an average...
  18. DH'er_28

G'day guys Firstly, if this is in the wrong place mods, just let me know or feel free to lock the thread. I put a bit of thought into where to post this and figured this should be the most suitable spot. Okay so for a uni assignment I've set up a mountain biking tips website - you can check it...
  19. DH'er_28

Summer days of Shredding at Thredbo

High action, fast paced edit from fun times at thredbo this past summer, new wallride and jumps are good fun! Have to say thredbo are really stepping up their game recently, can't wait to see what they'll have for next season. If you haven't been there yet, it's definitely worth checking out. I...