Search results

1. P

Giant halo

What's your budget? Giant Trance is a popular choice and good value. You may consider a Merida one-twenty or one-forty. Check out Cube: New on the market, big in Europe. If you want to go a bit fancier, check out Santa Cruz. They have 'plush' perfected :cool:
  2. P

Giant halo

100mm travel is more xc riding, will be light and take some bumps for sure, but can be quite race orientated in terms of geometry and 'plush' factor which might be too much for casual riding for some... but is she wants a bit more diversity with suspension she may want to consider a trail bike...
  3. P

Women's Bike Saddles...

If your bike isn't the right size, that will affect the way you are sitting on that saddle and influence your comfort level greatly! If you are too stretched out, you will probably be rocking forwards or sitting in the wrong spot so it will be hard to see if the saddle is 'right' for you unless...
  4. P

Roadie for the girlfriend.. frame size?

Women specific may not suit her, have you thought of the Giant Defy 2? I have sold these to female riders. Retails around $1299. Has Tiagra, but a couple of Sora parts thrown in to keep the price down. Eg. Brakes. FYI: Giant have just dropped their prices recently... ;) Personally...
  5. P

Sora vs. Tiagra vs. 105

See my post in your other thread... minimum Tiagra. Thumb shifters on the Sora not as good... There is a reason why they are different from Tiagra up, they work better and last longer.
  6. P

There is a measuring tool where they stand over a stick, it gives you actual frame measurements, including top tube length. There are different ways to measure, but height alone isn't accurate enough, as all torsos, reach, flexibility are all different. Going by her height I would be surprised...
  7. P

The frame size does not give you the top tube length. Eg. I have a frame size of 48, and my top tube is 51.5cm. You can go into a bike shop and get her measured to show you the top tube length and set tube length she needs. If you know these measurements, you can look for the right sized...
  8. P

Did they measure her in the shop or just put her on the bikes??
  9. P

2011 an Otway Odyssey

Any opinions on running Nobby Nic front and rear?
  10. P

Chase the Sun Round 4

I know that CTS is getting a lot of blame for the condition of the tracks, but I have to add that the week before the last round I was out at Lysterfield and it was trashed then. Many parts were unable to be ridden as they were a pure mud slop as far as the eye could see. The worst parts I...
  11. P

Lysterfield track closures

Is anything open out there at the moment?? I have heard it's closed up again
  12. P

Rear Mount Bottle Cages

Hi everyone, My water bottle cage mounts are located under my downtube which is a pain in the butt for xc. Does anyone have any recommendations for rear mount cages that are sturdy and hold the bottle in place despite the rough terrain? Many thanks! :)
  13. P

Chase the Sun

The second one is also sold out... get in early for the third!
  14. P

Starting up

I was aiming for $1000-1500 for my downhill bike and managed to get one within that price. I had never purchased a bike second hand before, always had gone new, but wasn't sure about how much downhilling I would do so went for a used machine. I kept my eyes on the for sale section on here and...
  15. P

Looking to buy first road bike, any advice?

Cannondale make cyclocross bikes... Bike Now will have those... but they will be more expensive than Kona.
  16. P

Starting up

Hi there, I just started recently and was asking for help not that long ago, see the link for the discussion: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?197134-Downhill-bikes I ended up with a Kona Stab second hand and am very happy with it. That bike you are looking at on ebay...
  17. P

Looking to buy first road bike, any advice?

Giant are good value for money, and don't compromise on quality either. For a frame size, make sure the bike shop you go into actually measure you up properly! I know where people have had their size 'guessed' by people in shops and have ended up with the wrong size. Choose a bike shop that...
  18. P

Lower Back Pain

A weak core is a common cause of lower back pain. You may have good everyday strength, or go strength for other activities, but specific cycle core strength considering your bike set up and geometry, PLUS your technique.... might just take you out of your comfort zone or abilities of your...
  19. P

Chase the Sun

Any girls entering Chase the Sun series in Melbourne this year??? :) http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/
  20. P

Downhill bikes

Thanks so much for the info! Good tip with the Camelback, would never have thought of that. :)