Search results

1. niftydog

Another helmet study

No mention of participation rates and fairly small numbers of non-helmeted riders. But hey, don't let that get in the way of publishing a study.
  2. niftydog

Truvativ X9 2x10 cranks

Keen on these, but the specs are missing the chainline measurement, which for my application is vital information. Has anyone happened across this info or have any idea where I might find it? I find it quite frustrating that this info is very hard to come by with a lot of 2x cranksets.
  3. niftydog

2x9 advice

So "2x9" is really hard to search for and I've come up dry at other forums so now I'm hoping for some sage advice from you fine people. I would like to go 2x9 on my Pivot Mach 5. The idea being to improve the chainline and to get rid of the 'soft' option of the granny gear. I'd like for...
  4. niftydog

Wrist watches

My faithful, ancient Casio is on it's last legs - time for a new watch. Visiting websites of watch manufacturers is an exercise in utter futility in my experience so far; hundreds of different watches and no useful way of finding/comparing the features you want and absolutely no mention of...
  5. niftydog

O'connor Ridge back-burnt

Currently the western slopes is mostly toast, and there seems to be more burning planned for today and possibly more still. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole ridge is crispy by next week. Danger of unstable trees, some of which have already fallen across the tracks. Bunnies and roo's are...
  6. niftydog

Getting your mates to try MTBing?

Ok, so you might not have turned them into MTB freaks like some of us, but if you've had any success I'd love to hear about it. I'm sure this has come up plenty of times before, but recently this issue has become more and more important to me. At a NYE party I saw a mate who I haven't seen in...
  7. niftydog

electronic dirt bike accident makes the news

In a brilliant display of serious journalism this "news" article features a glamour model, a completely irrelevant link to a star footy player, hyperbole, a picture and detailed description of a gruesome injury immediately followed by glamour photos of the model, cross promotion, a paragraph...
  8. niftydog

WTF makes people want to do this?

ten chars...
  9. niftydog

Swooping season open!

It's official, swooping season has begun. I just copped a few wing snaps on my lunchtime ride. This guy must be new to the whole mating thing as he's set up in a busy city street and was giving me a pretty wide berth. He also must have read the wikipedia entry as he's wasting no time in...
  10. niftydog

Another one for the brake experts.

Have been struggling to align my juicy 3 rear calliper and I'm wondering if I have an air bubble or something. When I attempt to align the calliper in the usual way it always ends up sitting right over to one side of it's adjustment range and the right side pad is left in more-or-less...