Search results

1. O

Condition of NSW mid north coast trails?

Taree is sweet (as always!)....only a very few minor damp patches in the gullies down low. Heaps of Velcro dirt ATM.
  2. O

* NEW EVENT* Hardrock 6hr - Taree (Mid-north Coast NSW)

More info Website now updated to include: - Pre-event rego sign-on detail at Taree West Bowlo. Can also rego early on race day if pre-entered. - Menu for race day catering (worth the trip just for food !!!) - Directions to sign on.... - RACE COURSE MAP. Strava link and course profile to...
  3. O

* NEW EVENT* Hardrock 6hr - Taree (Mid-north Coast NSW)

6 hour Mtb xc event to be held at Kiwarrak State Forest (The Taree Tip trails) on Sunday 21st August, 2016. Hosted by the Manning Great-Lakes Tipriders Mtb Club. Entries OPEN NOW !!! http://www.pbmhardrock6hr.com/ Track will be a super fast and flowy 9km loop with minimal climbing and maximum...
  4. O

How strong are TWE hubs?

Got two sets. One are XC build, and the other heavy trail bike use. Both sets of hubs have been bulletproof. The trail riding wheels have now done 4800km in total, including some serious abuse, trip to Canada, 7 day stage racing and general smashing locally. Can't fault them (hubs or...
  5. O

12 Hours in the Piney 28th March, come ride some amazing singletrack.

At least 4 teams heading up from Taree Tipriders...see you there for a beer !!
  6. O

Where to from here?

Rocky Mountain element / instinct..... or Trek fuel 29
  7. O

Rockshox Reverb problems

contact nimber for SRAM distribuor australia Anyone help me find a phone # for SRAM Australia distributor...? US website is not directing me to Aussie #
  8. O

Kiwarraks best trails

PM me if you still need local info.... Been riding, building and maintaining in there for 12 years now....can give good info cheers
  9. O

International racing insurance

Hi Champ, I did the BCBR last year...had the same issue (and posted the same question!).... I ended up getting travel insurance through a company that specifically look after expeditions, races and other deathly adventurous activities... You will find all "normal" travel insurance will...
  10. O

NSW JetBlack 24 2013 - Rocky Trail's 100th event

So who's going....? A month out from this event...... Who is heading out for a roll around ????? We are bringing 2 teams of 4 for the 24hr...... Along with 10,000 bags of ice, a blow up swimming pool and icy cold beer !!!
  11. O

Hardtail 29er frame - XL size wanted.

I am looking for a replacement hardtail alloy 29er frame. I just broke my 29er frame (no warrenty) I will be transferring all my existing gear onto new frame..... Must be an XL frame size, tapered head tube, 135mm rear drop-out (standard rear quick release) and standard bottom bracket...
  12. O

Replacement hardtail 29er alloy frame.

I am looking for advice on a replacement hardtail alloy 29er frame. I just broke my 29er frame (no warrenty) Budget is limited......I am considering either a Niner EMD or Santa Cruz Highball. Both options are in alloy. New Carbon frame is NOT an option due to budget - not interested in...
  13. O

Mobile phone and Canada

Hi All, I'm flying to Canada next week for the BC Bike Race and a holiday with my 2 wheeled mistress....Need info on moble phone useage... I want to stay in touch with a few peole in Oz - only via text...no phone calls required.....only in Canada 3 weeks total. Am i best to : ** Buy...
  14. O

Bike Travel Box - Buy or Rent...!

Looking for a bike box to travel O/s with.....Must fit 29er dualy mtb (large frame). Heading to Canada for BCBR and need box for 3 weeks only....Happy to rent (cash) and return on arrival back to Sydney.... Will buy if right box is out there...... Anything out there ??????? PM or...
  15. O

Taree Choc Foot Race

Tracks are super smick...... Woking bee yesterdaty saw 16 awesome people (mostly local riders) put in 3 hours work each (48 hours of labour!), and last weekend was much the same.... By the time the race is held next sunday - should be heaven on a stick !!! Tracks will be blown off and...
  16. O

Taree Choc Foot Race

Hi Ian, The trails got HAMMERED during Febuary with rain (we had over a metre of rain in 6 weeks!), but the repairs are now all sorted. The trails are currently dry and riding awesome. There is more than enough all-mountain riding here, and if jumps and timber structures are up your ally, we...
  17. O

Taree Choc Foot Race

The good oil !!!!! Kiwarrak State Forest Taree - All you need to know (and more) about the upcoming race..... After 12 years of riding, maintaining and a small amount of building in this forest, I offer the following info...... PM me or thread reply with any other specific questions ...
  18. O

UNE 12 hrs in the Piney, Armidale

2013 event I have just dropped an entry for the 2013 version of this event......23rd March. Anyone else heading up to Armidale ???? I have not ridden / raced over there yet....anyone got idea on elevation change......general track conditions, etc...????? Hard tail or dually country ?????
  19. O

Travel insurance for OS MTB trips?

Need serious help !!! I have bounced around SO many insurance companies this week....having no luck with the b@stards... Yes - I have read the 8000 threads on here about the topic, but no real solid anwsers ! Need insurance for Canada - going for a month......BUT I am racing BC Bike Race...
  20. O

Upgrade 29er wheelset - aggresive XC / light trail

Need to make the choice Alright - now have the cash after xmas for a new wheelset !!!! Goining onto 'trail' bike for everyday use. Ready to drop the $$$$ on a wheel set this week.....:love: My choice is either: - TWE 29er wheelset from Greg in Sydney @ $650 delivered (around 1700g)...