Search results

1. zebde

ACT Troy Lee Designs D2 Steve Peat Downhill Mountain Bike Helmet L/XL

Troy Lee Designs D2 L/XL Steve Peat Pro model full face helmet. Purchased in 2009. The helmet is in great condition, not worn that much. Never been dropped or crashed where the helmet took an impact. Haven't ridden downhill in some time and looking to sell to someone who needs to protect their...
  2. zebde

Kia Ora from NZ

A warm welcome from another Kiwi on here. Have a good time riding.
  3. zebde

Pads For MX-4 Brakes?

I'd assume you had these brakes fitted to a bike you bought? They are an OEM part, so there is little chance they are fitted otherwise. Personally, and I have these on one of my bikes, I'd upgrade. But if you are looking to keep them, MX-2 and 3 pads will fit.
  4. zebde

What brand of helmet do you wear?

Troy Lee Peaty. I also ride a Santa Cruz V10 and wear a Syndicate jersey. I'm not Steve though.
  5. zebde

mums hate downhill

Dude, you are 26, get out of your parents house. Thats the first real way to stop your parents knowing/worrying/caring about what you do in your spare time. My folks don't care, my medical care is free and will repair just about anything. I might not be at work for a few days, but that's...
  6. zebde

268gram pair of pedals anyone?

My first question is why? We aren't trying to do rocket science here, aircraft-grade magnesium is just silly. It's like hikers who cut their toothbrush in half to save weight. Is it really needed?
  7. zebde

Mixers

Gin and Ginger Ale, Gin and Coke, Gin and Fanta. Won't taste very nice, but honestly, why drink Gin without Tonic/Lemon? I know we have to try new things as humans, but its GIN! Otherwise, a 1/3 Bacardi 151, 1/3 Goldschlager and a 1/3 Jagermeister makes a Liquid Cocaine shot. Knocked me...
  8. zebde

Bottom Bracket Question

What he said...:)
  9. zebde

And you thought your job was s**t

Apart from your obvious exposure to bacteria and viruses present in a sewer, one of the biggest killers would be gas. You might not think of that, but Hydrogen Sulphide is silent and deadly. To go in there, day after day, with no breathing apparatus, inadequate ventilation, no sanitation...
  10. zebde

Bottom Bracket Question

If you wanted to know why, it's because the new Howitzer BB style has a chainline configured for Howitzer cranks. It has the same ISIS spline, but a standard ISIS crank will not work with a Howitzer BB and vice versa. If you have ever heard the expression, a square peg in a round hole, that...
  11. zebde

Good Student Jobs

I worked four jobs in my first and only year of uni. I wouldn't say any of them were good, they paid fairly crap and they were bottom-feeder positions. But hey, what was I going to do, I had to get beer from somewhere. I would say the best, and certainly most enjoyable job I had was a Dominos...
  12. zebde

Dirtjumper 2's with an 8 inch rotor can it be done?

I ran an Avid Code 8" on my DJ3s for a while until I got my DH bike. No problems. I'd say it'd work, the adapters are the biggest hassle.
  13. zebde

Rotorburn, the new Farkin

I think it looks good, don't really think you need to improve it mate. I like the RB prefixing the URL, that would look good as a nice big logo on a t-shirt/jersey (wink wink). Keep up the good work, Rotorburner!
  14. zebde

Disc brakes vs rim brakes

In essence, 'jack rides bikes' is right. The disc brakes of a bike will not lock in the true sense of getting stuck on the calipers, where the rider would then be frantically depressing/releasing the lever to no avail and then losing control. On either braking system (disc or Vee), you will...
  15. zebde

Disc brakes vs rim brakes

I'm gonna advocate for your upgrade. Yeah you could go get a new bike, but if you are happy with the one you have and you can ride your style comfortably, then stick with it for a bit. This also helps when you get discs. They respond differently to rim brakes, so you'll want to get used to it...
  16. zebde

Best wheel builder in Bris Northside?

A satisfying feeling is doing it yourself. You can always learn to lace it to give you an appreciation of how its done, and then take it to a bike shop to get it trued. Saves you about $100 and teaches you something at the same time. Guides are available on the net. Compare it to your old...
  17. zebde

Your first proper bike?

A 2000 Giant Boulder, which I got in 2001 second hand of a friend of my mums. It was by no means flash, but it was a mountain bike. At first it was rigid, which was ok for riding to school and a bit of XC, but I put on some really crappy RST forks off my Dunlop K-Mart Special. From there, I...
  18. zebde

Installing a race on new forks.

If you can't get it any further than 3cm from the crown, you may need to get it machined. Like Cedel said, your LBS can do this. I installed mine using a piece of PVC tube with an inner diameter a little more than the steerer tube, cut to size. The difference was my race sat only about 1cm from...
  19. zebde

Jump landing.. how to land properly..

Cool, thanks guys. If this rain dries up tomorrow, I'll hit it for sure. Though those tracks are light gravel and they can hack rain, so maybe its better for me if I stack while its wet...:rolleyes:
  20. zebde

Jump landing.. how to land properly..

Sorta related Are you talking about the Mtn X or BMX straight? I'm getting back into riding/jumping after a long time off and I'm having trouble building up the confidence to hit some of the doubles (as well as the speed). Anyone have any advice for these courses? I've stabbed the starting...