Search results

1. Dales Cannon

Drop bar brake/shifter levers

After doing some km on the roadie thing I built up for #3 I am toying with putting drop bars on the F29 hardtail for a particular ride I have planned. Probably flip flop between flat and drop bars if I like the latter on rail trails. I have current xtr 2 pots and race levers and running 1x11...
  2. Dales Cannon

Happy 2024 burners

As the titles says hope you lot have a happy and prosperous 2024, the world settles the fuck down and stops picking on people they don't like or are scared of and we finally get our shit together and start doing something positive for the planet. Happy New Year.
  3. Dales Cannon

Christmas 2023: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, the WTF?!?!? & the Schadenfreude.... Show us what you got...

In keeping with the tradition set last year... This time though jump in with present ideas for yourself and others as well as what the fat dude from overseas dropped. So far: I have treated myself to a NOS vinyl OK computer and for my sister who loves jigsaw puzzles I have bought a 500 piece...
  4. Dales Cannon

Australia in on fire. Again.

We have cancelled our usual camping trip because it is in the heart of National Parks and some of these already are on fire. Parks are still open up there but likely not for long. We were there a few years ago and fires in the area made it a scary place to the point where we were just going to...
  5. Dales Cannon

Your favourite ride

There are a few best trail, best ride threads but not all of us can hit the trails in Banff or Whykickamoocow or race in a 24 hour race or do the Simpson but still have a ride that was memorable. Maybe it was the first ride on a new bike or the time you rode beside your kid for 200m when the...
  6. Dales Cannon

"For Sale" TEMPLATE - You must use one.

You know you agreed to when you applied for access to this area. Templates must be used for new for sale posts. The format is as follows: Item: Location: Item Condition: Reason for selling: Price and price conditions: Extra Info: Pictures: Or you can cut and paste this in: PHP: Item...
  7. Dales Cannon

Women's roadie/gravel bike/hardtail - medium

Item: women's bike more road oriented than mountain Location:Brisabane Item Condition:good please Reason for wanting:#3 is after something that can be used on tracks and firetrails but double for casual triathlons Price and price conditions:She has a budget of $1500-2000 Extra Info:She has...
  8. Dales Cannon

Custom title time

Time for a competition. Want a custom title? Want someone else to have a custom title? Post up ideas. Who knows one of us mods might oblige. Funny, witty, clever for the win.
  9. Dales Cannon

27.2 dropper post FOUNDED

Item: 27.2 dropper post Location: same rock same Oz post Price range/Willing to Pay: Let me know what you think is reasonable, I know what new is from here and OS Extra Info: Looking to try a dropper on the Cannondale. Would prefer something cheap to see if it is worth the exercise. External...
  10. Dales Cannon

FOUND 1.5" stem 50 - 60 long

Item: 1.5" stem, 50 or 60mm long Location: under a rock, Oz post still works though Item condition description: A stem by any other name would smell the same Reason for wanting: The Cannondale stem is 100mm long, I want to try something shorter Price and price conditions: No idea but please be...
  11. Dales Cannon

Notice to all members

There has been a lot of trolling, dick waggling and general mine is bigger than yours going on of late. Give it a rest. The mods are fed up with the pms calling users out for some perceived slight or annoyance in a thread. Typically what is going on in the election thread at the moment. If...
  12. Dales Cannon

Census 2021

Just completed this. Far less onerous than the last one. Seemed to be skewed to full time or permanent employment. Based on complaints I had heard really very little information. Other thoughts?
  13. Dales Cannon

The lacey underwear tour

As has become tradition since being self-unemployed we headed off on a few weeks of travelling the nether parts of Q. Along with 18.5 billion southerners fleeing the ravages of covidville. This time we visited family on a cattle property (apparently 60,000 and 45,000 acres doesn’t add up to a...
  14. Dales Cannon

The cooking thread

A quick search has shown that cooking and recipe and food threads have been started numerous times and one by one they have been shut down or deleted for various reasons. Not exactly sure why and some of the older burners might know. Anyway as a few pics have appeared here and there it is time...
  15. Dales Cannon

Australia Day, is January 26th the right day?

Sorry for the long post but I think this is a subject worthy of discussion and some background, albeit long background, is appropriate. January 26th is Australia Day, coincidentally India Republic Day, and for many indigenous Australians Invasion Day. A brief history of the date from various...
  16. Dales Cannon

E biking threads on rotorburn

Over the past few weeks there have been attempts to derail the ebike posts. This is bullshit. Whether you like them or not ebikes are here and will become more and more popular. If you have an issue with that then stay out of this section. If you choose to thrown shit and have a dig then your...
  17. Dales Cannon

Derailled. Shimano 11sp rear derailleur and shifter

Item: Shimano 11 speed rear derailleur and ispecB shifter Location: Brisbane or post Item Condition: Good please Price and price conditions: I can get new XT and SLX so about half that for good stuff? Extra Info: I robbed the XT gear from the fat bike for the Cannondale and that meant the fat...
  18. Dales Cannon

Happy New Year Farkiners!

Happy New Year and may all your rides be enjoyable. Shout out to those struggling with bush fires. Stay safe everyone.
  19. Dales Cannon

XT or XTR 11 speed shifter, i spec ii

Item: XT or XTR 11 speed i spec ii shifter Location: anywheres Item Condition: vg Price and price conditions: prefer to swap my bar mounted XT for an i spec ii, anyway let me know Extra Info: the i spec set up suits me betterer Pictures:
  20. Dales Cannon

International Notice to all members with trading access

We have been working through tidying up the for sale and wtb posts. Sadly the bot that is supposed to clear the sold or found items is having a bad hair day. A couple of points that you guys can help us: Don't delete the posts once you have sold or found just write sold or found in the thread...