Search results

1. dazz

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

Based on some quick calcs from info from gov.au sites her 'take home' hourly rate will be almost double mine per hour worked. 'Take home' number being $ per hour worked after tax, parenting payment, child support is taken into account.
  2. dazz

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

You're not alone mate. Earlier this week I was taken aside and informed that my venting of frustration at the desk is no longer acceptable behaviour. Not an official warning, but never thought I'd be 'that guy'... :( Since we got my son home from hospital last year (should have been cause...
  3. dazz

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

I know right! I saw it and was all, "THAT MOTHERF#$@ER STOLE MY IDEA!!!" lolz...
  4. dazz

What does your day look like?

*Perfect
  5. dazz

Little Things You Hate

And don't forget this -
  6. dazz

Little Things You Hate

The normal thing to do is have someone else hold the box thing. Then get pissy with them for not holding it still while your swinging off the TW.
  7. dazz

AM ROAR!!! RAAW Madonna V2.2

I'm assuming you have a UE Boom blasting "Katy Perry - Roar" on repeat whenever you ride that? Beeb's got the eye of the tiger, a fighter He's dancing through the fire Cause Beeb is a champion, when he's out riding his Raaw!!
  8. dazz

The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

The bit with Shaun White, "he looks like a kid". Checks, yep, he would have been about 10 in that vid...
  9. dazz

Snakes

Vid of the aftermath of Youies snake incident. Spoiler: wriggly stick/ nope rope didn't make it. https://fb.watch/pAn8Rm_lZu/
  10. dazz

The stupid questions thread.

Are you saying it didn't come out in the same condition it went in? There's consequences of taking the 'if it fits' approach...
  11. dazz

Eating less f*cking food

Everyone always pushes for the permanent change kind of thinking towards diet. I get that with developing habit and all that, but I've been thinking about what our bodies are designed for and wondering if a yearly cycle might have some benefits. We live in a time where we have refrigerators...
  12. dazz

Snakes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1943425682549279/permalink/4491440274414461/?mibextid=UyTHkb
  13. dazz

Ampt Engineering - Ti pedals

Pat's just set me straight, this one's just a printed plastic platform for pics and visual. Investment cast Ti pre-production samples are due in March. I'm gonna have a spindle and bushing set in my hot little hands tomorrow to have a closer look at. :D
  14. dazz

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

Probably not, buuuuut 'tis the season for giving... https://www.amazon.com.au/Giant-Microbes-Ebola-Virus-Educational/dp/B005OK3G7K
  15. dazz

Shoot him some questions on his Insta if you have any.
  16. dazz

Yeah, he's a MTBer and an enguneer. Aussie start up near Ballarat. That's his first prototype for testing. Pretty cool I reckon.
  17. dazz

I never said they were. Can only design to the parameters and information that's available. Pat will have arrived at his strength, fatigue, stiffness and weight targets with a very different set of parameters and assumptions compared to your Bastion example.
  18. dazz

Yeah, 'cos a set of ultra light mtb pedals is the right parts selection for doing that.. :rolleyes:
  19. dazz

That's like saying all carbon composites are brittle and all aluminium is soft. All 3d Ti is not equal, and I'm sure Pat will have gone through countless design iterations and FEA studies based on the strength and fatigue properties of this particular material specification. He's not some...
  20. dazz

Yes.