Search results

1. Z

Fox F100 Fork servicing Sth East burbs Melb

Hey guys, Bout the the misso a second hand Giant XTC Advanced and need to get the forks serviced they are leaking and appear to have lost most of the oil. Looking to get the forks serviced and general once over on the bike, although everything else is pretty good, maybe minor adjustment of...
  2. Z

Bike Servicing Chinese Carbon Frame?

Hey Guys, Just looking into buying bike with Chinese Carbon frame but all legit components. Has anyone had any issues with LBS and getting bikes services when have a carbon frame, just been researching on the web and some people say some LBS arent servicing their bikes due to having non...
  3. Z

WTB - First mtb for the missus

Hey guys, Looking to buy the missus her first mtb, budget is around $600 maybe slightly more depending on what it is, she is inky starting out and more riding with the kids so don't want to spend a fortune and dont expect anything fantastic either. Would prefer something slightly older and...
  4. Z

Tracking Rides, Garmin Edge or Forerunner?

Hey guys, Wanting to get something to start tracking my rides and was thinking of uploading to Strava or similar, i dont want to spend a fortune and was thinking either the Garmin Edge either 200 or 500, but then i came across the Forerunner watch which i can basically do the same thing to...
  5. Z

Clear coat paint coming off carbon frame?

Hey Guys, I have a 2009 S-Works Enduro and there are a couple of spots where the clear coat over the carbon frame is starting to come off and a couple of spots where it has been scratched during transport. They are only minor scratches and no harsh hits have been taken with no cracking or...
  6. Z

Changing from Long Cage to Mid Cage derailer

Hey Guys, Just want to run something past you. I am looking at upgrading to SRAM x0 mid cage rear mech from a SRAM x9 Long cage and just want to confirm there won't be any issues doing this. Current setup is a 2x9 with 36/26 front and 11-34 cassette, and find on longer downhill run the...
  7. Z

Garmin Edge 300 or 500?

hey Guys, Looking at getting a Garmin Edge either 300 or 500 but just have a couple of questions. Does the speedo work off a wireless "thing" connected to the spokes like a traditional speedo type setup or is this done off the GPS readings? So i am assuming if it is from GPS, all i will...
  8. Z

which grips for AM/XC

Hey guys , Looking for new grios as the ones I have are a bit ordinary, I have oreviusy used odi rogues and they were pretty good. just after everyone's opinions in the best grios, would prefer lock one and also some cheap places to purchase said grips cheers zam
  9. Z

Pike 454 air replacement options?

Hey Guys, I have a 2007 Sworks Enduro with Pike 454 air front forks, looking to shave a little weight off and was thinking this could be a good place to start. SO, what other options do i have for replacing the Pikes? OH and i guess one consideration would be is the 20mm through axle unless i...
  10. Z

Anyone actually broken a carbon frame?

Hey guys, I have just recently changed over to a carbon frame mtb so have been doing some research about carbon frames and strength etc etc Now while it generally appears to be stronger if treated well, it is generally weaker when treated badly. So i was wondering, those who actually...
  11. Z

Bike rack for Carbon bike offroad?

Hey Guys, I have just got myself a carbon framed mountain bike and have a couple of questions about transporting it. I have a dual cab Hilux 4x4, so when i do short trips, putting it the tub is not problem, although i am a little more careful with the way i put it into the tub compared to my...
  12. Z

How do you choose a new bike?

Hey Guys I am starting to think about getting a new bike but it is a tough decision, how do you go about choosing a new bike? Currently I have a Kona Hardtail which is VERY light but frame is about 6yo, bas all the goodies, Hayes 9 Carbon brakes, Reba World Cup forks, Mavic Crossmax wheel...
  13. Z

Recomend me a place to get XC bike serviced SE suburbs MELB

Hey guys, Finally took my bike out to Lysterfield the other week, and it seems it needs a bit of work and is not as smooth as it should be so i guess its time for a service. SO can anyone recomend me a good place to get it serviced in the SE suburbs of Melbourne, I am in Knox. Cheers...