Search results

1. E

Newbie questions

Ok, So was searching through some older threads and saw that there are some strong opinions regarding riding in or after rain, so scratch that question :) But if any one has some good suggestions for easy trails on the around the northern beaches that they recommend, im all ears :)
  2. E

Newbie questions

Hi all, been away for ages after destroying my knee, back now. I recently was shown the Duffys Forrest fire trail which is nice and easy trail to get back into riding. Any way my question is, whats the done thing re riding in the wet or after the rain? I heard some one say you shouldn't...
  3. E

Roadies VS MTB'ers

I like road bikes and road riding as much as MTbiking and Im a nice guy but I haven't found people to be overly friendly ether on the road or the trails. Occasionally there is some one who is nice, says hi, or nod/waves back but mostly I found MTbikers and Road riders to be the same. I find...
  4. E

MTB clubs?? Jet black 24 hour on the 6th & 7th * newbieish questions *

Ok so i know of the Manly Warringah MTB Club, are there any other clubs local to Chatswood NSW? (cant see any on the MTB australia site) What is the benefit of joining a club other than needing the license to do race events? What else do I need to know/consider before joining a club...
  5. E

OK what's the most stupidest thing you have done. (biking wise)

I rode into the city on a stinkingly hot day and thought it would be a good idea to fill my drink bottle up at hungry Jacks with fanta. Turns out fanta aint that refreshing, but more importantly the shaking effect of pedaling caused it to fizz up and then pop the top off my drink bottle...
  6. E

People unhappy about Manly dam

I have a friend who works for Manly council and apparently there are a LOT of people in the Manly area who want the Manly dam bike track closed down. They claim its upsetting to walkers and picnickers and they want it gone. Scary thing is apparently there is a lot of support for this inside the...
  7. E

The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

Emailed. Id be up for helping out if I can.
  8. E

2.5 tyres on a scott aspect 20

I cant for the life of me think why I ordered them :) there were tyres on the site that were the right size so I don't know why I ordered these.
  9. E

they fit :), only just.
  10. E

Hey guys, I have a scott aspect 20. Is there any reason I cant put 2.5 inch tyres on it? I comes stock with 1.75. I bought some maxxis tyres that are 2.5 off the web cause they were cheep and I'm conscious I should have asked this question before hand :) Thanks for the help.
  11. E

That time of year... the snakes are out!!

Im starting to think im living in the wrong country :) My sister got me $500 worth of diving lessons last Christmas, few days later some guy and his dad went diving and saw his dad get taken by a great white. My flat mate just told me that auz has 9/10 of the top ten most deadly snakes.
  12. E

Thanks for posting that up Captain Sensible :) I figured it might be something every one knows, hence I felt a bit dumb asking. I read through the links as well. Cal me paranoid but I added the poison centers number to my emergency numbers in my phone :)
  13. E

Ok, so your all scaring the shit out of me. Im a Kiwi and ive never seen a snake. Am I likely to see them around manly dam? or the oaks up in the blue mountains ?? Are they going to kill me if they see me? This might sound dumb but what are you supposed to do if you see one or get bitten?
  14. E

Resting heart-rates - post'em up!

I find that a bit hard to believe. How are you reading it?
  15. E

Resting heart-rates - post'em up!

50 bpm sitting middle of the day. Im 28, 191 cm, about 75kgs Interestingly a friend of mine, only a few months ago was feeling a bit faint, went to the Dr. His heart rate was below 30 bpm, 3 days later he has a pace maker!!! He is 28, super fit and no history of heart trouble in his family...
  16. E

Full face helmets???

Thanks bro :) Yeah I figure id rather look a bit naff and be safe than chance getting my self any more ugly. So are the full face mountain bike helmets to warm in summer? Cause I figure I do more riding than skiing and I could always wear a warm insert for skiing.
  17. E

Full face helmets???

Hey, I put this here cause it felt like a newbie question :) I just got into skiing, and feel the need to get a helmet for next time. My friend got a concussion during our trip and I gave my teeth a good rattle with my knee :( Im getting a bit more able with my riding and interested in...
  18. E

Bikes on airplanes?

Called Air NZ, yep its part of your luggage, and you have to take the pedals off and turn the bars 90 degrees so its parallel to the bike. They also require the tyres deflated.
  19. E

Bikes on airplanes?

Hey, I was thinking of heading home to NZ for a while and I like the idea of riding to my folks place which is in Masterton. My questions are... Is it easy to get your bike on the plane? Has any one here done this before? any advice? Will the bike get damaged? And finally any one ridden...
  20. E

Camelbak MULE

Ohhhh, Damn you man! lol