Search results

1. riderseventy7

Hub type gearbox

I forgot about this, I still cant get pics to load on this post, so here is a link to the pics on Photobucket. In this first photo you can see the green bearing cage at the top that Ideate printed for me. The loss of that cage caused drive in all gears except 1st and 5th to be lost...
  2. riderseventy7

Hub type gearbox

Ideates bearing cage is still going strong. I was trying to upload a couple pics that show the one he printed and the one that affected 1st and 5th gears but my phone doesn't want to play. (Will try again shortly) The original bearing cage lasted around 1.5 - 2 years of riding most Sunday's...
  3. riderseventy7

Hub type gearbox

The bearing cage in my Zerodes Alfine failed as well. I actually contacted Ideate and got him to 3D print me 2 bearing cages, one replacement and one spare (thanks again mate). And recently it experienced another problem with a loss of drive in 1st and 5th gears. It was actually last night that...
  4. riderseventy7

Zerode G2. / 2.5 large

Grantleighsmall, What sort of riding are you going to be doing and what are you looking for in a bike? Something that steers well, accelerates through rough shit, stable at speed etc?
  5. riderseventy7

Zerode G2. / 2.5 large

I'm not gonna deny that I think the Zerode is bloody awesome, but so is a V10. I just get along better with the Zerode than a V10. Hell, I have more fun riding my Driver 8 than a V10, however I'd rather race a V10 than the driver, if you catch my drift. Its all about what sort of feel you want...
  6. riderseventy7

Zerode G2. / 2.5 large

There's only one way to find out and that's to ride one. What makes a bike feel good is pretty subjective. I've ridden and owned all sorts of bikes and the G2 is still my favourite and the bike I've owned the longest. Perhaps it's because I've spent the time to get the build and setup dialled...
  7. riderseventy7

Manitou Dorado (2014) seal kit

I emailed them and Tris took care of me. The seals were about $70 delivered from memory. If you can get the Manitou seal installation tool it'll make the job way easier than it already is, I got one from CRC.
  8. riderseventy7

Manitou Dorado (2014) seal kit

I have a set of 2014 Doradoes and I've bought a couple sets of seals for them from NSDynamics. Both times they've had them in stock and got them out to me in a few days.
  9. riderseventy7

VIC Saint cranks SOLD

Hey mate, are the shifter and dérailleur still available?
  10. riderseventy7

LOST Front Wheel Del Rio Resort

G'day mate, Rhiannon, who you were talking to about wheel sizes and the new Glory's snapping derailleurs, picked it up and passed it on to Martin and Juliane from Rockytrail. Hope it helps.
  11. riderseventy7

NSW SOLD! 2013 Banshee Legend MkII Medium 26"

I've already got 2 downhill bikes and still I'm thinking about buying this because it is a shit hot bike!.
  12. riderseventy7

Orange, Dubbo, Mudgee trail advice

If you get out to Geurie make sure you head a couple kms further out Arthurville rd, past Bald Hill, and check out the Oaks track as well. If you get to the bridge over the river you have gone too far, although the track does go under that bridge to link up with the Homestead trail which is on...
  13. riderseventy7

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

The last 5 or so schwalbe tyres, muddy and magic Mary's, I've used have had that happen in multiple spots. I just kept riding on them until the tread fell apart. It's a pain in the arse that they fall apart like they do because there is always plenty of wear left in the knobs, they just have...
  14. riderseventy7

QLD SOLD >Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon (medium)

Wrong size, damnit!.
  15. riderseventy7

Commencal Supreme DH V4

High single pivot, awesome. I was wondering why I was seeing so many commencal supremes up for sale recently.
  16. riderseventy7

Time to retire this helmet?

These guys have the right of it. Helmets are only designed to do their job once, so if I were you I'd replace it. Don't waste your time trying to inspect it like somebody else mentioned, there is no way you can visually inspect if the foam has compressed.
  17. riderseventy7

Thredbo - all you need to know

Yeah, I reckon a DH bike is more fun to take on the Flow trail than a 6" bike is to take on the Downhill track. Your forearms would appreciate a DH bike more as well.
  18. riderseventy7

Late model dh bike opinions...

Oooooohhh, someones gonna be a happy boy (aren't we all when we get a new bike). Let us know how it goes after you've had your first ride on it, and again after you've got it setup properly.
  19. riderseventy7

Snapped Carbon Crank

I would definitely avoid carbon cranks for now, especially the XO's. At all three of the Redass DH NSW state rounds this year I saw a set of XO cranks that had snapped just above the thread for the pedal. I thought it was a coincidence when i saw the second set at Lithgow, but couldn't believe...
  20. riderseventy7

Braking!:- Lets sort this out.

If you keep increasing the weight, or load, on the wheel it would get to a point that it wouldn't lock at all, or work at slowing things up. That is provided the wheel or tyre isn't destroyed under such conditions. I read that a few times and I couldn't work out what exactly you are trying...