Search results

1. S

Hi...I'm not dead

Hey all. Been a while. Figured I'd drop by the old farkin stomping ground with an uber quick life update for those who remember me and even the one or two of you who have sent random e-mails asking if I am still kicking around. Simo's life...A synopsis of what I've been doing Finishing my...
  2. S

Merry Christmas Farkineers.

suprise, i'm still alive. all the best to all for chrissy and the new year.
  3. S

First Concert

Suprise. I'm alive. Playschool live, 1990. First gig we played was at the Evelyn a while back. ...time for me to fade back into the background.
  4. S

back on the bike & needin a hand

boo. Other stuff's taking over my life since I came to the ralisation that i will be forever merely average at DH riding...not that i don't still love it but once you fall out of the scene it's hard to get fully back into it bar the odd days of shuttles and singletrack riding. Still love...
  5. S

Of Dragons and Eagles: johnny's thesis.

top work johnny. Especially interested in "Non-Conventional Weapons: The Assassin’s Mace" realted stuff as i had no real idea what was going on in regards to this previously. Just a few quick questions; To what extent is China a protecting force when it comes to Africa? ("China’s engagement...
  6. S

Conservation of water(another one)

writting an essay on this at the moment that's 60% of a 2nd year uni mark. Water tanks are only usefull once it starts raining again...they will only help to safeguard us for the future, not help right now. Everyone thinks they are saving water but really how much do you as an individual...
  7. S

Snowboarders out there - HELP (please)!

carefull buying boards/skis off ebay etc. Superficially they may look fine but you can't tell if it's been abused and heading towards core de-lamination or how stressed the set-up has been. We see it all the time. People buy a nice looking set of 2nd hand planks off the web, bring them in for...
  8. S

When the teddy bears go on a picnic!

sport hunting is such a waste. hunt something worthwhile...like man, the ultimate game.
  9. S

Mt Buller - All you need to know

looks like this season will have some nice open tree skiing in wombat bowl again.... -------------------------------------------------- Fire progresses across southern ski runs 11 January 2007 11:45am – The fires on the southern slopes of Mt Buller continued to burn last night...
  10. S

Mt buller summit cam from the people I've spoken to this morning tomrrow will be a "very interesting" day for buller. Summit area has been burning, Elvis has been bombing on buller and containment lines are being beefed up.
  11. S

SCUBA Diving

Hamsta, you're describing a commercial diver, way different to recreational/technical diving as the diving is more a means to an end (ie, applying a trade underwater) I've been diving for 5 years and logged a couple of hundred dives in that time. If you're just starting I would stay the hell...
  12. S

people can be absolute idiots when it comes to fires. Polza, do your own research or go to thredbo, just don't expect other people to keep you up to date. We have no obligation to provide you with any updates at all but we post periodically to help the plebs figure out what's going on...
  13. S

Spot fires on lower elevations of Mt Buller 9:00am – Fires continue to close in on Mt Buller as the Resort is buffeted by strong north-north easterly winds. Spot fires have now reached the lower elevations of Mt Buller on its northern side and are continuing to occur on both sides of the lower...
  14. S

management were trying to hold off on that decision for the alst few days but the forecast pretty much forced them to show a hand. Latest Buller Fire Update @ 10:15AM http://www.mtbuller.com.au/scripts/admin/news/vnews.pl?ad=-100175-&year=2006 Summary - more fire activity overnight...
  15. S

buller now has active fires to the North, East and South... http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/images/news_image/web_sentinel_map_2006_12_18_1118_11989.jpg Prediction map up untill December 22nd (issue on the 16th, getting a bit old)...
  16. S

not looking flash today: Road to Falls is shut. Fire across the road near Bogong village. Bairnsdale is under ember attack with spot fires starting, highly vulnerable atm. map: http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/images/news_image/web_sentinel_map_2006_12_14_0545_11865.jpg...
  17. S

Mt Beauty Fires (Buller shown too)

maps are posted here http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_updates.htm
  18. S

Nye?

Marion Bay falls festival with 30+ uni mates...just hoping i don't pull the actual midnight bar shift.
  19. S

I wouldn't be suprised if track openings don't go ahead if the fires burn the area out. The ground will be very very vulnerable to erosion and permanent damage for the season if the fires hit it. Environmental authorities may have to shut down riding for the summer (worst case scenario)...
  20. S

Buller Fires?

don't know if they've dozed clings yet, I've been interstate for the last 2.5 weeks and am still playing catch-up.