Search results

1. J

Thailand Downhill - Anyone recommend anything?

I'm heading to Thailand in August and was wondering if anyone could recommend a DH spot or tour company to ride with
  2. J

Niterider Cherrybomb 1 Watt - Turns off when riding over bumps

Does anyone have a Niterider cherrybomb 1 watt? I have one on my flat bar road bike and whenever I hit a small/medium size bump at any speed it seems to turn off, but not everytime I know its strange and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
  3. J

Glory 2 - Anyone own or ridden one?

I'm looking at buying a Glory 2 as my first proper DH bike and just after people's opinion, does anyone own one or has anyone ridden one? I realize they don't have the best components but at this stage I cant justify spending close 5k on the Glory 0
  4. J

Rock shox Monarch RT3 - Tune options

What are the difference between the tune options on the Rock shox Monarch RT3 shock? Are certain tunes more suitable for different riding conditions? Any info would be great
  5. J

Rear shock sizing help

I have a Giant Yukon (2008 I think) and I would like to upgrade the rear Giant shock. I'm not sure what size it is, I'm wondering what is a suitable upgrade would be? I do light downhill (I know the bikes not suitable for that) with the bike and would like a shock that is capable of dealing with...
  6. J

Goodridge lines on Juicy 5's

As the name of the thread suggests, I wanna know if anyone has put Goodridge lines on Juicy 5's before and was there any improvement? I find them spongy even though they have been bleed, they just dont have that solid feel to them Not worried about the price of them, just curious to know if...
  7. J

DH Bike Ride Days

I'm looking at buying a DH bike, I have a idea of what I want, but I'm just not sure. I was wondering if anyone knows, if any of the companies that import bikes into Australia have ride days to test out there bikes? I have a short list of a couple of bikes I'm looking at: -Marin Quake 7.9...
  8. J

Are you a petrol head?

Who is a petrol head? I am and cars are my life, but now I'm hooked on DH and I cant get enough of it, so now I have two problems So what do you drive and what have you done to it? I have a VY SS with the following -20s -Coil Overs -Custom exhaust, over the radiator intake, tune, valve...