Search results

1. Timmy!!!

Something that really shits me...

... is those bloody marketing emails from websites that you only registered with to enter a race, buy a jersey, or whatever. It seems that it's easy to get on their mailing list, but much less easy to get off. Today I got an email from RapidAscent about the Ottway Odyssey (now the Kona...
  2. Timmy!!!

Anthem X0 26" vs Anthem 29er: the hard data

I went into my LBS yesterday and they were assembling a medium size Anthem 29er. I tried to deny that it existed, but it didn't work. I tried stuffing it down my trousers and rubbing it around but that only made matters worse. I came home and spent the entire night tossing, and when I woke up...
  3. Timmy!!!

Winter No Frills Fridays: The envelope please...

Winter NFF finished on Friday night, and no position was safe until the final lap of the final race. You can find full results on the GMBC website. The category winners for the overall championship were: A Grade: Rowan Smith B Grade: Paul Muir C Grade: Vaughan Kruger Best Woman Racer: Jodie...
  4. Timmy!!!

What is it with Mavic spokes? (Warning: LBS and Importer rant).

I broke a spoke on my front Crossmax SL when racing at Ballarat just over three weeks ago, so of course I need to buy a new spoke in order to get up and running again. No problem, I thought, because it's not like they're an oddball wheelset. After all, they're standard issue on my Giant Anthem...
  5. Timmy!!!

Winter NFF - Half Time Report

After 3 weeks of Winter NFF I'm now convinced that Mountain Bikers are the hardiest souls on the planet. Last night (Friday 2 July) 46 (yes, forty six!) crazy hairy smelly mountain bikers turned up for week 3. It was a relay race, with partners assigned on the basis of speed (or lack thereof)...
  6. Timmy!!!

FOUND Pair of Sunnies at the You Yangs

Found on 26 May 2009: 1 pair of fairly reasonable looking sunnies near the top of track 13 (Cressy). Shoot me a pm if they're yours.