Search results

1. C

rock trail gp at stromlo

I'd say, given the track conditions, that was about the most technical race I've done. Lots of fun though! If you're in Canberra I'd recommend checking out the regular CORC races - they always manage to put together a beginner friendly track.
  2. C

Fulcrum Red Metal 3

Can't speak for the RM 3's but I've had a set of RM 0's since Christmas and they are fine under my 95kg of finesslessness - feel very solid and stiff. Best upgrade I've done by a long way (not cheap but haven't regretted it).
  3. C

Capital Punishment is GO

Did a the 100 in about 8 hrs and had a ball despite the slogfest. Turned it from a relatively easy hundred aiming for time to a challenge to finish. Hate to think about the bill to get the bike back to full function.
  4. C

Anthem X2 or X1

Personally, I like have the (2009) X2 and feeling like I've got justification for selected upgrades that make the bike a bit different from all the other Anthems out there (my Red Metal Zeros being my favourite). If I'd gone the X1 it would be very hard to make excuses for upgrades!
  5. C

Capital Punishment is GO

I got my blank confirmation (I hope) email (for the 100) after getting my entry in at approximately 9:00:30. My bet is they are just going to ride out the server errors from here until they get enough entries or people get sick of hitting refresh - looks like those asking for a lottery...
  6. C

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

First to post the good news from AROC! Be online at 9am 17 March if you want to ride the race of your life! It has been worth the wait and the waiting is over. We are so pleased to announce that the inaugural, much anticipated, Capital Punishment MTB enduro will be on this year on Saturday 29...
  7. C

When is it ok to say 'track!'?

I agree with the "not cool unless its a race" view. A friendly "hows it going?" is almost always followed with an invitation to pass.
  8. C

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

If the event does get up will someone change the title of this thread? :)
  9. C

Changing Avid Juicy Pads

Changing pads on my elixirs is a piece of cake - slot straight in/out the top with plenty of room.
  10. C

Do you hit a brick wall some days?

I've always found it takes a couple of weeks to get back in the swing of early morning exercise after taking a break. I generally don't eat before going out in the morning. I tried a gel once or twice but found (not all that suprisingly) that it last about 15 mins and then I felt much worse...
  11. C

RealBike Insurance MTB Cruise

start times I notice you have start times from 10-11:30. Worth considering an earlier start given how hot it is likely to be (particularly at stromlo) in early march? (It would make me a bit more keen to participate for a 50 or 80.)
  12. C

Scott 24hr 2009

I'm going to be the one guy who say he liked the last climb - it was a good chance to bust a big effort and (safely) overtake a few people knowing there was no more pain to follow. My personal highlight was burning off on some uphill fireroad the dick who was overtaking people on the inside...
  13. C

CORC Sparrow Hill 3 Hour

Thanks Thanks to all the organizers / volunteers for a fun afternoon's riding.
  14. C

Upgrades for an Anthem X1

I've had my Anthem X1 for nearly 6 months. Main upgrade I've done is handle bars - swapped to a carbon flat bar & very happy with the result. The standard risers at least needed a trim as the felt very wide. Also, for some reason in comes with tube tyres on UST rims - swapped for tubeless...