Search results

1. H

Shocking news breaking re Cape Epic....

Willo was a great great guy. Always polite when wanting to pass, always grateful when you moved over for him and just a nice bloke all round. He will be missed.
  2. H

How far can you go in 12 hours??

I will be there but you may have guessed that. Hopefully you can knock that flu off in the next few days.
  3. H

I have heard the Mountains to Beach is a great if not reasonably tough ride. Enjoy the ride and maybe next year you can give the 12 Hour a go I am sure it will be on again.
  4. H

Un-sportsman like behaviour/riding

I dont know how long you have been involved in road racing Mr Green but the longer you are involved in it the more you realise that the whingers are just not worth the effort and their words are best ignored. You put the effort in you deserve it, dont let them bring you down.
  5. H

Un-sportsman like behaviour/riding

I tend to agree with you Mr Green. If he was the strongest then he has a pretty good chance of winning no matter how he does it so why not make a good race of it and put some work into it. I would rather have a good hard race than go easy to save myself for the end. He had no problem matching...
  6. H

For those people who are upset about missing out on getting your entry in for the token 12 hour you are in luck. I have just heard that entries will be open online until the 3rd of march and if you aren't able to get entry in before then you will also be able to enter on the day (but this may...
  7. H

You really just need one friend in a team who will bring stuff out to you. I am sure we all have someone or could find someone. You probably really only need help if you think you have a chance of winning the race and lets face it there are only a few who would have a chance of that. Most people...
  8. H

I dont know if you could call it easy Bear. You still have to do the distance and he was with a bunch of riders being continually refreshed by the teams involved. The solo riders are allowed to feed on the go so he is doing nothing wrong here. It is easy to point out why he was able to do it but...
  9. H

Just a reminder for those that are interested that entries close tomorrow (20th Feb) at 10am. I would like to see as many people on the track as possible so things can be a little more interesting for me. So if you are as crazy as me and think that riding for 12 hours is something you...
  10. H

For those thinking about doing this, entries will close on the 20th February 2010 at 10am. That is saturday morning so get your entries in. It can get lonely out there sometimes so as many people riding as possible would be good.
  11. H

Yeah it might be a bit tough to organise it from Adelaide but the event should be on again next year at the same time so there is a goal for you Alexb. :)
  12. H

Yes that is right and I believe Dickie has ideas of cracking through 500k's this year.
  13. H

A solo rider did the most laps last year. He beat a 4 person team by one lap if I remember right so maybe the challenge will be out there ot try and beat him if you can.
  14. H

I just thought I would let people here know of a 12 hour road race coming up on the 6th march at Penrith in Sydney. It the Token 12 Hour and I think is the NSW State Endurance Championships. If you think you can go the distance solo, or maybe you would rather share the load, then check out the...
  15. H

Fling entry needs good home.

Just to clarify, it is the Full Fling 100Kms and I do want the $120 entry fee for it. Thanks.
  16. H

Fling entry needs good home.

While on a recent training ride through Wingello I was enjoying the red trail when things went all wrong. As a result I have a broken collarbone which wouldn't heal so the Doc has just done some of his best work to stick it all back together. As a result, and not wanting to ruin the Doctors work...
  17. H

Humour: Cycling Etiquette

Some great rules here. I would like to get some carbon wheels. I will have to make sure I keep those rules in mind when I get them.
  18. H

Starting Road Racing

A great video for those starting out and reminder for the experienced riders of what performance is about. Enjoy it. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn29DvMITu4
  19. H

Giant Defy Alliance Comp - frame issues?

Unfortunately some Bike shops will say what ever they need to say to sell one of their bikes. I would suggest not going back to this bike shop as it will be hard to believe any thing they say after this. It is worth finding a bike shop that will give honest advice. Some bike shops have to...
  20. H

Buying a roadie ($1200ish), shoes, pedals etc.

Maxwolfie I would suggest a flashing red rear light and maybe a white front light as well just for visibilty. Even during daytime these guys can make you a bit more visible maybe saving your bacon. They shouldnt blow the budget out too much.