Search results

1. M

Port Macq 12hr!

Da Gonz, EBUK, the Good Doctor and I will be hitting up the beach at North Haven for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon on the way through if any one else wants to join us. Rode Tele Point with the Green Lantern at christmas, single speed was plenty good fun. looking forward to another...
  2. M

Hi, Im a monster and I need a new HT frame

It is having a few issues at the moment, yes. Not sure if the drive side chainstay will hold up to any extended riding, you know, like around the block or across the backyard. Maybe I will sell it to Cannondale as the new generation Lefty. Well i'm not quite that hairy
  3. M

Hi, Im a monster and I need a new HT frame

Maybe something with horizontal or slot dropouts for single speeding. suggestions everyone?
  4. M

Highland Fling Anyone ?

not sure why so many ppl have said that they had such a hard time in the fling this year. I dont think I have ever finished racing in a 100km faster than i did on sunday. Maybe its just me.....
  5. M

The Single Speed Thread

if I cut my legs off at the knees and remove four vertebrae I could almost ride that thing (with a longer stem of course....)
  6. M

The Single Speed Thread

Time of death........8.17am Just riding along, pedalled over rock, exploded chainring, bent scrap of steel hanging off crank took chunk out of chainstay. Hand made italian frame GOOOOOOOOONE! any ideas on a replacement HT frame for the fixie?
  7. M

[Sydney] Sutherland Shire CC STXC first Wed of each month during daylight savings

OK, OK you wern't THE weirdo, but for the benefit of all you, it is true you are A weirdo, and you DO own a crosser. easy mistake to make really....
  8. M

The Single Speed Thread

Which knee should I blow up first riding fixed in the mud this weekend?
  9. M

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

Build the Green one up in XL. or if you are short on cash drop it round and i will build it up for you
  10. M

Xc newbie

Having done exactly this a few years ago..... Just ride. Pick distances that are just outside your comfort zone and ride for fun. As you get fitter you will get faster and go further. its not majic, it just takes alot of sweating.
  11. M

sydney and sand? a month ago I may have agreed with your thinking on this one. I guess your perspective just changes. I spent three days sleeping in a tent during a Cyclone a few years ago. It wasn't raining that hard in Sydney this morning. Sand is alot like that.
  12. M

When I come back it will be on a one speed, there is no need for extra gears, maybe a flipflop hub.......17 fixed 14 free
  13. M

Solo 24hr enduro tips.

riding a fixie mid race eases heartburn? I guess if you are enjoying yourself then what the hell. Sure the extra effort is going to help with the fat stomach, but so would not eating pies as race food. Stick with broccoli and custard all the good riders use it.
  14. M

Wet weather training in Sydney

single speed, less damage to my bike. plenty of fire road climbing down south to keep me busy
  15. M

Who you'll race in the fling

even money for me to beat all the 36yo 110kg+ fixie riders in the vets half fling
  16. M

actually been thinking about a 32.17 fixie/ss pug. spinning that out (120) would get you 28.44kmph that should be enough to keep you above sweep, and 60rpm is still a respectable 14.22kmph. where i was pedalling slower than that I got off and walked. big tyres for float, no drive train...
  17. M

I think my shifting issues had more to do with the 2000km on the roof top through dust storms and rain that the bike did to get to the race start. once the cable and outer got changed out the shifting was slick as fresh cow sh1t.
  18. M

I'll do all that riding with you. Dont know I I will be back next year though, boss is putting the foot down at the moment on wheel related spendings.
  19. M

Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Maybe Corc will give everyone a souvenir salami as a finishing prize this year. Oh and I will be running 110psi. but I am going to let my shocks down to 15psi to compensate. Either that, or I will walk again.